New blog specifically for those who have gone before us

grant-them-rest.blogspot.com

The main purpose of this blog is to have Masses said and multitudes of people praying for the repose of those souls who have gone before us.

Please feel free to contact me at mortuum_mundo@mac.com if you have someone that you would like me to add to this site. (When sending me the person’s info, please include a picture and a little bit about the person as well, especially their dates of entering and leaving this life.)

I pray that the prayers said for the souls who will be listed on this site be a source of great and necessary grace for them at the most important time of their lives - the hour of their death.

+Jesus, Mary and Joseph, save souls!

interesting idea!!

**Please pray for the following souls who have been submitted to **Grant Them Rest:

Barabara Ann Fourneaux Emond - d. May 29, 2005
Don Blary - d. December 31, 1976
Betty Jo Blary - died at birth
Noah Keator - died a couple weeks after conception Spring of 2005
Michael Paraiso - d. January 5, 2007
Paula Hudek - d. December 15, 2006
Charles Nicholas Conrad - d. July 14, 2006
Dominic Spatara - d. January 15, 2007
Damian Paul Coghlan - February 1, 1997 - October 16, 1997
Marie Maus - d. January 7,2007
Señora Ida Ferraris viuda de Madarang - Dec. 13, 1920 - Sept. 27, 2006

+JMJ

Sorry but I’m sceptical about giving photos and details of loved ones who have died to total strangers who will post them on a website. These could easily be misused. Frankly I don’t see the need for such a site. Do you think the families and friends of those departed do not pray daily for their souls or have Masses said for them?

I felt there was a need, so I made it. So far I have had many emails of gratitude, and if there are a few people, like yourself for example, who are skeptical of my intentions that is okay with me. I receive no more information than what you typically find in some obituaries.

I am not asking for donations for the stipends either, I cover them myself.

I don’t have pictures of my parents because of a fire years ago. Can I still add them?

And BTW, I referenced your blog on the Saint of the Day thread, hope you don’t mind.

And yes, I think this is a great idea. Especially if you add those who are most in need in Purgatory. Some people, we don’t know their names nor when they were born, but they have no one to pray for them. That’s where your site comes in!

Spot ON!

Yes of course you can add them even if you don’t have a picture! :slight_smile: (I thought the pictures would be nice because it could be like a small memorial and also flesh out our loved ones and bring about a sense of greater unity through faith among all who visit there.

(ALSO, speaking of the Saint of the Day, I have that on my other blog, the one in my signature. :wink: )

Pax tecum!

Please pray for the following souls who have been submitted to Grant Them Rest:

Barabara Ann Fourneaux Emond - d. May 29, 2005
Don Blary - d. December 31, 1976
Betty Jo Blary - died at birth
Noah Keator - died a couple weeks after conception Spring of 2005
Michael Paraiso - d. January 5, 2007
Paula Hudek - d. December 15, 2006
Charles Nicholas Conrad - d. July 14, 2006
Dominic Spatara - d. January 15, 2007
Damian Paul Coghlan - February 1, 1997 - October 16, 1997
Marie Maus - d. January 7,2007
Señora Ida Ferraris viuda de Madarang - Dec. 13, 1920 - Sept. 27, 2006
Maria Gloria Mercure - May 7, 1938 - May 2, 2000
Reverend Abbott Patrick Shelton, O.S.B. - d. January 24, 2007
Reverend Fr. David Draim, O.S.B. - d. January 24, 2007

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.