New Communities in US

:harp:I was looking a few things up on the web,and came across the following communities.

The Sacro Costato Missionary Sisters
St.Catherine of Siena Catholic Church
1310 Bayswater Avenue
Burlinggame,Ca.94010
They are an international order founded 100 years ago in Italy, and have been in California since 1976

Sisters of St.Michael the Archangel
P.O.Box 14153
Houston,texas,77221
These sisters were found in November 1986 by the most Rev.Dr.Michael Olatunji Fagun,Catholic bishop of Ekiti,nigeria.The sisters work in education,and various other ministeries. I don't know how long they have been in Houston.

the Society of Stabat Mater(www.liturgyofthehours.org)
They were approved by the Bishop of Eirie,Pa, and operate St.Thomas More Center for Catholic Family life.
Private Corporation of the lay faithful.One of this society;s goal is fostering the developement of a new religious community called Handmaids of the Lamb "which will embody and live out in an exemplary way the ideals of the Society of Stabat Mater.
You can read more on them at their website.

The Sisters of St.Michael the Archangel have a website,not sure on the Sacro Costato Sisters.

:thumbsup:The Society of Stabat Mater is a Catholic apostolate that prays and promotes the Liturgy of the Hours. Forgot to mention that.They are located in Cranberry,pennsylvania

i’ve been to a sacro costato sisters’ retreat house… it was my first and only retreat in my life as of now. They wear all white, and they have a good place… very silent and contemplative.

Is there a singular resource to look up communities like this?
I'm interested in learning more about communities like this throughout the U.S.
Thanks,
B

PaschalCatholic, welcome to CAF!

Do you mean a list of recently founded in the United States? If you were refering to this, maybe we could start a list here?:):):)

God bless!

Thomas

ThomasEugene,
Yes, I did mean communities founded in the U.S.. I mean, recent would be great, but just any communities that are still active would be interesting to learn about. By the way, nice profile pic. I still can't figure out how to put one up.
God bless,
B

[quote="PaschalCatholic, post:6, topic:193953"]
ThomasEugene,
Yes, I did mean communities founded in the U.S.. I mean, recent would be great, but just any communities that are still active would be interesting to learn about. By the way, nice profile pic. I still can't figure out how to put one up.
God bless,
B

[/quote]

Go to Profile (which is on top, then Control Panel, then Edit Avatar)

If I have more time, I'll try to put the links here. Take care! :thumbsup:

Is there a way to put your own? Because when I go to "edit profile picture" it rejects me saying I don't have permission, but when I go to edit avatar there are only a select number of choices. I was thinking a sweet pelican or lamb or a chi-rho (my next tattoo idea).
Thanks for the help
God bless,
B

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.