New Female Judge Transforms Islamic Court

New Female Judge Transforms Islamic Court

“After years of pushing to break into the all-male ranks of sharia judges in the Palestinian territories, she finally secured a post after scoring among the best – along with another woman – in a recent test for new jurists. They are widely considered to be the first female sharia judges in the Middle East.”

From the article:

But not everyone approves. Sheikh Hamed Bitawi, an elected Hamas representative who serves as head of the Association of Islamic Scholars and Scientists, says there are two schools of thought on the issue:

**that every position but that of a caliph is open to women,

and that women are too emotional to make legal decisions – as judges or as witnesses**.

“I am of the second view because I consider women to be gentle human beings who should not be subjected to difficult situations or difficult decisions,” Mr. Bitawi says. **"They cry easily, and hence their judgment is tainted with emotions.

Moreover, lawyers are difficult to deal with and people who come to courts are angry and violent." **

I hope this woman makes it big and that no-one harms her because she’s female. Good for her!!! May God protect her.

:thumbsup:

What’s your point, beyond proving that Moslems are being dragged kicking and screaming into the 20th century?

(Yes, I deliberately said, “20th century.”)

Sorry Hypatia I don’t want to disappoint you but Muhammed said “Never will succeed such a nation as makes a woman their ruler”.

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 9, Book 88, Number 219:
Narrated Abu Bakra:
During the battle of Al-Jamal, Allah benefited me with a Word (I heard from the Prophet). When the Prophet heard the news that the people of the Persia had made the daughter of Khosrau their Queen (ruler), he said, "Never will succeed such a nation as makes a woman their ruler
."
[RIGHT]صحيح البخاري:
حدثنا ‏ ‏عثمان بن الهيثم ‏ ‏حدثنا ‏ ‏عوف ‏ ‏عن ‏ ‏الحسن ‏ ‏عن ‏ ‏أبي بكرة ‏ ‏قال ‏
‏لقد نفعني الله بكلمة أيام الجمل لما بلغ النبي ‏ ‏صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ ‏أن ‏ ‏فارسا ‏ ‏ملكوا ابنة ‏ ‏كسرى ‏ ‏قال ‏ ‏لن يفلح قوم ولوا أمرهم امرأة ‏

[LEFT](E) (A) [/LEFT]
[/RIGHT]

This is good to see, but lets see how long she remains there for…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.