New Gay Theater Has More Love Than Politics

New Gay Theater Has More Love Than Politics

"These productions about gay life make little or no mention of H.I.V. or AIDS and keep direct activism at arm’s length, with militant crusading portrayed with ambivalence more than ardor. The politics of these shows — there are seven of them opening in New York in the next several weeks — are subtler, more nuanced: they place the everyday concerns of Americans in a gay context, thereby pressing the case that gay love and gay marriage, gay parenthood and gay adoption are no different from their straight variations."

Hopefully some of these stories will make it from Broadway to the Big Screen....or TV. I don't watch a lot of TV...but one of my recent "discoveries" is "Modern Family" with a gay couple who adopts an Asian daughter.....I've watched it a few times and I enjoy it very much...but it's usally hit and miss when I remember when it's on.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.