New Government Policy Imposes Strict Standards on Garage Sales Nationwide

New Government Policy Imposes Strict Standards on Garage Sales Nationwide
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,552021,00.html

Americans who slap $1 pricetags on their used possessions at garage sales or bazaar events risk being slapped with fines of up to $15 million, thanks to a new government campaign.
The “Resale Round-up,” launched by the Consumer Product Safety Commission, enforces new limits on lead in children’s products and makes it illegal to sell any items that don’t meet those limits or have been recalled for any other reason…

So tell me, who died due to shopping at a garage sale?

The Nanny State strikes again. Want to know how we can save millions upon millions of dollars in this country? Have the government stop wasting money sticking its greasy fingers into every single little aspect of our lives.

I volunteer to be the “Swap Meet Czar”! :egyptian:

Better be careful – you could get lead poisoning from chewing on the metal binding of a spiral-bound notebook. :smiley:

Maybe I can find part time work in the Bureau of Garage Sale Enforcement.
Big Brother is looking out for you!

Man, are we becoming Europe junior or what. I’ll give you .50 Euros for that wire bound notebook then call the FBI.

Wow I may move to Europe where’s there’s less regulations.:rolleyes:

Wow what about the lead in our bullets!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Well, we can’t have that now, can we? :wink:

Before you know it, the government will be demanding that insect spray be tested to be sure it isn’t harmful to insects. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey, that might not be so far out. Cass Sunstein, the new regulatory czar, has advocated in one of his books that animals should be able to sue humans.

Who votes for these nuts? :smiley: :smiley:

senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=111&session=1&vote=00274#position

Well, when they get dragged into court by a chimpanzee, we can all say “I told you so.” :smiley:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.