New Here - Not Sure Where to Post - Lot's of questions

This is my first post here. I came to faith thru some great Non-Denominational preaching. It’s painful being in-between, wanting to know the truth, wanting to serve God, and not wanting to support false teaching.

I was baptised, and first communion Catholic, but left. I saw a lot of things not right in the church.

My wife is Catholic.

I have some hard questions I’d like answers to from Catholics. I have been attending mass weekly, and RCIA classes, but still won’t call myself a Catholic until I get some good answers to some questions.

I have talked to a fair number of Catholics, and they are generally very lacking in knowledge.

What forum should I go to to ask my questions here?

Thank you!

Welcome back!..or almost back :). It can be a tough journey and I know from my own experience.

This is a great place to post the really tough questions. And don’t be timid about asking any priest.

As to books, CD’s etc…anything by Carl Keating, especially Catholism vs Fundementalism. Also Patrick Madrid, Tim Staples and Fr. Larry Richards. Check them out on Youtube.

Hello and welcome to CAF. It is great to have people stopping by with questions.

Please feel free to start a new thread with one or two questions (any questions). Too many questions on one thread may become confusing. If your questions are generally in contrast to non-Catholic Christian viewpoints then you are in the right forum as you will get perspectives from all sides on the same issues (not just from Catholics). Also in the Evangelization forum you may find many similar questions on or about RCIA being asked.

Don’t be afraid to ask hard questions but remember, it must always be with charity. :heart:
Peace be with you.

Thank you! Is this the forum to pose those tough q’s, or should I go to a different one here?

I would suggest the Apologetic forum for answers to your questions. You don’t need to use the subforums - just click on “Apologetics” and let-er-rip. :thumbsup:

It’s a great group of people here I’m sure you will receive many good answers to your questions.

That said - please don’t make a single thread with a bunch of questions - it only confuses things. Either start separate threads for each question, or maybe pick out one or two main questions and we’ll start from there.

Peace
James

Many of us here have been in the same position, so we can sympathize.

I was baptised, and first communion Catholic, but left. I saw a lot of things not right in the church.

Not right according to whom? Are you sure you fully understood the Church’s teachings/practices? These are the questions you may want to ask yourself. :slight_smile:

My wife is Catholic.

I have some hard questions I’d like answers to from Catholics. I have been attending mass weekly, and RCIA classes, but still won’t call myself a Catholic until I get some good answers to some questions.

My husband was Catholic before I entered the Church, but he never pushed me to become Catholic, bless him. Please feel free to ask any question you like–one at a time, as others have suggested. Threads are easier to follow and questions easier to answer one at a time. :wink:

I have talked to a fair number of Catholics, and they are generally very lacking in knowledge.

Well, they may not be apologists, but they may have deep prayer lives and be doing good things for the needy or just being great witnesses of virtue in their homes. Not everyone has to be a theologian, but everyone should love God and neighbor and be doing what God expects of him.

What forum should I go to to ask my questions here?

Apologetics Forum. Hope to see you there. :yup:

Thank you!

You’re very welcome. :tiphat:

Welcome to CAF! We will do our best to answer your questions.

Thanks all - I’ll be in the Appologetics forum!

welcome

God bless

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.