New IPPF Document Pushes Adolescent "Sexual Rights"

(NEW YORK – C-FAM) In its new report "Stand and Deliver," the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF) is demanding that governments, religious institutions and society at large provide "comprehensive sexuality education" for children as young as ten years old.

In a foreword, Bert Koenders of the Development Cooperation of the Netherlands, which helped fund the publication, asserts that, "Young people have the right to be fully informed about sexuality and to have access to contraceptives and other services. These rights are enshrined in various internationally agreed human rights convention and treaties, but – unfortunately – they are still not universally respected." 

According to IPPF, as "young people are sexual beings," it should be self-evident that "sexuality education promotes individual well-being and the advancement of broader societal and public health goals." IPPF argues that "comprehensive sexuality education" must be mandatory in school, and governments must also ensure that this education is delivered to those young people who are out of school.

more...

[quote="buffalo, post:1, topic:184768"]

(NEW YORK – C-FAM) In its new report "Stand and Deliver," the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF) is demanding that governments, religious institutions and society at large provide "comprehensive sexuality education" for children as young as ten years old.

In a foreword, Bert Koenders of the Development Cooperation of the Netherlands, which helped fund the publication, asserts that, "Young people have the right to be fully informed about sexuality and to have access to contraceptives and other services. These rights are enshrined in various internationally agreed human rights convention and treaties, but – unfortunately – they are still not universally respected." 

According to IPPF, as "young people are sexual beings," it should be self-evident that "sexuality education promotes individual well-being and the advancement of broader societal and public health goals." IPPF argues that "comprehensive sexuality education" must be mandatory in school, and governments must also ensure that this education is delivered to those young people who are out of school.

more...

[/quote]

SICK People!!!

[quote="kimmielittle, post:2, topic:184768"]
SICK People!!!

[/quote]

This is all about creating the market for their services.

[quote="miguel, post:3, topic:184768"]
This is all about creating the market for their services.

[/quote]

Sadly enough you are right. These people are sick and twisted. We need prayer for our world and we need a lot of it!

Just because kids as young as 10 are technically physically capable of having sex doesn't mean they should be encouraged to do it. I mean their goal is for kids to have "pleasurable sexual lives"? That sounds pretty selfish. Clearly they have no idea that sex is more than just pleasuring one's self. What do they intend to do, teach ten year old kids of sexual technique and positions and such? This is sick and disturbing. They come out with the friendly sounding "Planned Parenthood" phrase in the title which literally translates to "We promote the act of procreation in it's most unemotional, selfish form. We don't care about the creation of new, contributing human beings".

Seriously, what would you rather fund, the creation of beautiful human children or your ten year old daughter getting it on with a nineteen year old man?

Pretty self explanatory. In any case, we'll have to pray that the Lord "open's the eyes of these people's hearts".

Snakemauler

They demand?

who are they?

if the CC demanded otherwise, i wonder what would happen?

Peace.

While I am not supporting the PP in this by anymeans. I have to ask at what age should we teach sex about? I myself knew about sex a lot earlier then 10, and not from a parent or school. This lead to a very hard time in mylife that I have to deal with.

Do people really think that 10yr olds dont have sex, or 9? When should we teach them about sex?

Well, to answer your last question, of course 9 and 10 year olds have sex. There’s been recent news articles about kids just this age having babies! SHOULD they be having sex? NO!!! Legally, they are not old enough to CONSENT to sex! (I’m sure PP would love to change that, along w/ NAMBLA), emotionally they’re not mature enough to deal w/ the consequence, physical, emotional, and spiritual, of having sex.

Sexuality should be taught, age appropriately, all through life, by the child’s parents. Starting w/ “where do babies come from”, parents should be providing AGE APPROPRIATE information (not teaching 5 y/o’s how to masturbate and 10 y/o’s how to achieve a better orgasm or how good oral sex can feel!) on the whys, hows and wherefors. As Catholics, this includes the Church’s teaching that sex is a sacred (and yes pleasurable) gift from God and should be exclusive to a life long marriage (b/t a man and woman of course) and always open to life. It encompasses their entiring upbringing, it’s not just a one time conversation.

And yes, I know some kids don’t have good parents and homes, and “fall through the cracks”. I was one of them. But the last thing those kids need is PP trying to “save” them. That will set them up for even more heartbreak later in life, when they learn that “safe sex” can’t protect their hearts and souls, and they feel used and broken. What’s the answer for these kids? I honestly don’t know, but it’s not PP.

In Christ,

Ellen

Homeschooling is calling my name. :mad:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.