New James Bond film gets five-star review in l'Osservatore Romano

"Skyfall" gets a rave review in l'Osservatore Romano, which calls it one of the best of the 23 James Bond films made over the past 50 years...

reuters.com/article/2012/10/30/entertainment-us-jamesbond-vatican-idUSBRE89T1H520121030

:amen:

L'Observatore Romano isn't the official voice of the Vatican, the Pope is. That newspaper is only loosely monitored by the Vatican, so we need to take the opinions that come from it with a grain of salt.

$2.00 for cannoli! Here in Northeren Alberta it is $3.75!!:D

[quote="Samaritan_Well, post:3, topic:303588"]
$2.00 for cannoli! Here in Northeren Alberta it is $3.75!!:D

[/quote]

God bless you.

[quote="HansTrappist, post:1, topic:303588"]
"Skyfall" gets a rave review in l'Osservatore Romano, which calls it one of the best of the 23 James Bond films made over the past 50 years...

reuters.com/article/2012/10/30/entertainment-us-jamesbond-vatican-idUSBRE89T1H520121030

:amen:

[/quote]

What, the Bond Girls are wearing Franciscan habits?

It'd take a lot more than a good review in l'OR to get me out to see a Bond movie.

Doesn’t Bond have sex with those Bond girls without benefit of marriage?

[quote="Seeker1961, post:6, topic:303588"]
Doesn't Bond have sex with those Bond girls without benefit of marriage?

[/quote]

Yep. Not sure about in this particular movie, but most likely.

http://forums.catholic.com/image.php?u=178525&type=sigpic&dateline=1279586346 neat sig line

I'm going to see it,just because I like Daniel Craig as an actor.This Friday, is Wreck It Ralph, an animated movie with the voice of John C.Reiley as Ralph. Looks pretty good.

[quote="livingwordunity, post:2, topic:303588"]
L'Observatore Romano isn't the official voice of the Vatican, the Pope is. That newspaper is only loosely monitored by the Vatican, so we need to take the opinions that come from it with a grain of salt.

[/quote]

Yep. Typical MSM, confusing L'Observatore Romano with "the Vatican". :rolleyes:

Nevertheless, I'm excited for the new Bond film. I like Daniel Craig in the role, and the buzz is that this is one of the best, if not THE best, in the series.

[quote="livingwordunity, post:2, topic:303588"]

[/quote]

You do know that the Holy See actually** owns **the newspaper right??

I'd say that qualifies as rather more than "loosely monitored" wouldn't you?

Calm down about the Vatican and James Bond Skyfall

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.