New Jehovah's witnesses teachings

What are the new teachings being taught to Jehovah’s witnesses? I’ve read that witnesses are leaving the faith now because the teachings are too mainline Christian. Are they now teaching that Jesus is divine? Do they still believe that Jesus and Michael the archangel are the same being? Do they still teach that Jesus was crucified on a stake instead of a cross?

Good question, interesting to find out.

ICXC NIKA

I haven’t read anywhere yet about new Jehovah Witness teachings. This is news to me.

I had a JW knock on my door who said he was ne for 50+ years and he said he didn’t believe the whole Jesus/St. Michael thing.

The whole thing confuses me.

How do they get around John 10:30?

They have been known to change their teachings in the past. Their founder , like the founder of the Mormon religion , was a freemason.

ne?

really?

I think they mistyped “one”.
ICXC NIKA

Seems like they change stuff quite often. Keep moving the finish line…
jwfacts.com/watchtower/generation.php

thanks. that makes sense!

The most amazing thing is is they Got it so close to right when they started it all it is uncanny, all they had to do was look at it slightly different. The actual date was May 23,1844.

The world mostly was unaware, but within a few hours this happened in the “West”

Samuel F.B. Morse Sent the First Telegraphic Message, on May 24, 1844 - What was the first telegraph message? Sent by inventor Samuel F.B. Morse on May 24, 1844, over an experimental line from Washington, D.C., to Baltimore, the message said: **“What hath God wrought?” **Taken from the Bible, Numbers 23:23, and recorded on a paper tape, the phrase had been suggested to Morse by Annie Ellsworth, the young daughter of a friend. The success of the experiment would change forever the national communication system.

This is what started a Lot of Churches

"In 1818 Miller calculated the return of Christ to be 1843. This calculation was based on the prophecy of Daniel 8:14 : “Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed,” If you apply the principle of one-day equals one year, this brings you to 2300 years starting with the reconstruction of Jerusalem by the Persian Artaxerxes 1 in 457 BC. Thus 2300 minus 457 years bring us to 1843. Much later, Miller states "My principles in brief, are, that Jesus Christ will come again to this earth, cleanse, purify, and take possession of the same, with all the saints, sometime between March 21, 1843 and March 21, 1844”. Nothing having happened March 21st 1844, a new date was calculated: April 18th 1844. Again nothing. Consequently another new date was projected: October 22nd 1844. Again nothing happened. This latter was coined as “The Great Disappointment” Miller died in 1849 having never seen the return of Christ, but was still convinced of his imminent return. It is estimated that he had between 50 000 and 500 000 followers.

A number of followers concluded that the 1844 date in fact was correct, but that it coincided with the coming of Christ in his sanctuary and the beginning of the Judgment Hour. The following are a few of the churches born from this: “The Advent Church, The Seventh-Day Adventists, The Bible Students (Russellites) and of course The Jehovah’s Witnesses.

Now what a lot did not know and still do not know that is that 1844 AD and the 1260 of Daniel and the 1260 of Revelation actually coincided with the Muslim Year of 1260 AH.

Also we have this from other sources;

In his book, the Dinkird, Zoroaster states when a thousand two hundred and some years have passed from the inception of the religion of the Arabian (Muhammad was the Arabian)… a descendant of the Persian kings will be raised up as a Prophet…

And

Another collection of Islamic prophecies states in Ghars the tree of divine guidance shall be planted. And again in the year Ghars the earth shall be illumined by His light, As you may know, in the Arabic language, words and letters all have corresponding numerical values. The word Ghars is an Arabic word meaning the planting and it has a numeric value of 1260

These dates should not be neglected without much thought. :blush:

Regards Tony

The above post shows us the complexity of Revelation and Prophesy and how that teachings of Churches are based in Change.

We all are faced with how and why believe in God and choose to serve His Causes in our Lives.

God Bless and Regards Tony

JW worshiped Jesus before 1950. I guess they got new light and changed to don’t worship Jesus. I think it was shortly after they started with Jesus is Michael.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.