New Job Concerns

Hey guys, I am starting a new job soon and I need some prayers. I occasionally get panic attacks that render me incapable of doing anything useful or even of thinking straight for long periods of time. I need your prayers so that these panic attacks don’t occur on the job and don’t interfere with my performance, otherwise I may get fired. Thanks, and I will keep all of you in my mind and heart in my Rosary.

Praying for you.

Praying!

God bless you and grant you comfort and peace on the job and at all other times as well.

First, congratulations on your new job! :slight_smile:

I’ll be praying for you. I know how it feels. I’m a month old in my new job. I continue to pray that my performance is very good, and that I will continue to improve. Praying that you will perform excellently in your job.

praying for you

Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. Colossians 3:23

Dear Lord thank you for Job42’s willingness to work. Please bless his efforts to serve you, and let all that he does come from his heart and be his best. In the name of Jesus Christ.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women and
blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Is there anything you can take medication-wise that help with the panic attacks? Clonapin or Zanax or something like that? Perhaps you can take these medications while working to help calm you down. Also, i’ve heard that meditation helps a great deal to slow down one’s thoughts so that they don’t start racing, like they do in a panic attack. At any rate, I will pray that you find peace while on the job.

Hail, Holy Queen, Mother of Mercy,
our Life, our Sweetness, and our Hope.
To Thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve.
To Thee do we send up our sighs mourning
and weeping in this valley of tears.
Turn then, most gracious Advocate,
Thine Eyes of Mercy toward us,
and after this our exile show us the
Blessed Fruit of thy Womb, Jesus.
O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary.
Pray for us O Holy Mother of God
That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

May our Lord help you whenever you begin to panic. May he heal you of your anxiety and have mercy on you. Amen.

Congratulations on your new job! Praying for you :slight_smile:

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen.

Glory be to the Father,
and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning,
is now,
and ever shall be,
world without end.

Amen.

I had one of my panic attacks at work last night. It totally threw everyone off and everyone else had to pick up my slack. But my co-workers God bless them, were very patient with me. But I just can’t stand these episodes. I don’t know why God has burdened me with this. I am trying to get a prescription refilled but this being Sunday I am not sure I will be able. I really need prayers again so that these episodes do not happen again and I won’t get fired. In fact, I would like for them to go away altogether. At times I am held captive by my fear of these attacks. Thanks for your prayers. :frowning:

I am so sorry to hear you are suffering from this.

I am praying for you and pray that your faith will comfort and heal you from this anxiety.
Besides, your fear to have a panic attack in the new job has come to pass and perhaps it wasn’t as bad as you had worried? I pray that your co workers will be compassionate and patient also so that you may get your confidence back.
Have faith in the Lord, he will not give you more than you can handle.

Praying for you

Praying for you …

St. Joseph, patron of workers, pray for us.

Praying my heart out for your success.

Thanks for all the prayers. I have been free of the panic attacks since the one at work a while back. I do my best to take my medications without failure or forgetfulness since the panic attack at work. But nevertheless I constantly worry about having one. Also my job requires an extremely high degree of speed, multitasking, accuracy, and attentiveness. They say I am doing very well for a beginner but I am worried that I will not get used to it because I am bad at combining speed with accuracy and I am not such a good multitasker. I know there are much more urgent prayers here but if some of you could spare the time I would really appreciate some more prayers. I will continue to pray for those here in need of prayers as well as the prayer warriors. Thanks and God bless you all.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.