New Mass Translation

I've been browsing around this forum and I see that the New Translation of the Mass still has to come into effect in other countries. However, the New Translation has been in full swing in South Africa since the First Sunday of Advent Year B in 2008. Why is this so?

[quote="jayk15, post:1, topic:184905"]
I've been browsing around this forum and I see that the New Translation of the Mass still has to come into effect in other countries. However, the New Translation has been in full swing in South Africa since the First Sunday of Advent Year B in 2008. Why is this so?

[/quote]

Because they jumped the gun and did it without Rome's approval. We have to wait for Rome to say it's a go before we do that since she wants the entire Missal to be promulgated at once, not bit by bit.

:fingers crossed: I hope Advent 2010 or Lent 2011. Although I read rumours of Advent 2011, I am being married in an OF Nuptial Mass and really wanted an EF. The language of the new translation is far more majestic and really makes my heart soar.

[quote="jayk15, post:1, topic:184905"]

[/quote]

South Africa's jumping of the gun is a fine example of why liturgical changes (especially those concerning language) should not be made unless they are preceded by careful catechesis.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.