New Movements Emphasizing Prayer

Please do any of you have thoughts on this question: Which of the recent ecclesial movements have a particular emphasis on prayer? I appreciate that all probably do, just as all religious orders give great importance to prayer. Yet, just as some orders emphasise prayer more than others (Benedictines, Carmelites?) I wonder whether some of the movements (e.g. Focolare, Communion and Liberation, Neo-Catechumenal Way, the UK-based Faith movement) stress prayer more than others?

I’ve no ides about the groups you mentioned. But two, small private groups of Catholics try to live their lives according to the spirit of the Franciscan Rule of 1221. The Brothers and Sisters of Penance, and the Confraternity of Penitents. The Rule of Life requests at least 90 minutes a day of prayer, preferably The Divine Office. Even more prayers are encouraged.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.