New Movie Portraying Jesus as a Lesbian Woman

1 Like

Not to my liking, but petitions are a waste of time…if a movie is offensive simply don’t pay for a ticket…social media exposure only serves to promote it.

2 Likes

Let me get this straight. A person can’t use the phrase all lives matter but this is ok?
How long O Lord, how long until you come again!? Now would be nice!

5 Likes

Exactly. What do people think a petition is actually going to do?

3 Likes

It’ll make more people see it, that’s for sure. Just like the Last temptation of Christ. Although that was a good film, and the book author is interesting.

1 Like

A person can use the phrase, but it might mark them as outside of certain communities.

As for the petition, I gather the those that would sign the petition were already outside the target audience of the film. Signing it may be symbolically valuable, but most likely ineffective in stopping the film.

1 Like

Well after all Jesus was conceived without a Y chromosome :wink:

Just yanking everyone’s chain. Please don’t take my comment seriously!

3 Likes

I have actually spent hours of my life meditating on things like that… I need more things to do.

I came to the conclusion that God caused the Y chromosome to exist miraculously out of Mary’s egg, with no other material than that, since I read that no one else could contribute to His body but her, therefore any part of it must come from her, meaning God wouldn’t just make it out of nothing, or else He would have just made Jesus body entirely out of nothing in the first place. I have no idea if that even makes sense.

1 Like

All this petition does is give it free publicity.

It doesn’t even have a distributer

1 Like

But that’s why there’s a petition, that is, to stop its distribution.

Who exactly is the target of such a movie??? Seriously though the actors are not EVEN A-LISTERS.

Petition do help. Hopefully enough people will complain.

Paris Jackson has had a lot of depression issues. Praying.

2 Likes

More likely, this kind of petition will generate the publicity to get a distributor, not detract.

This is not an A-list movie where advertizers are gonna be scared off. It’s looking for publicity, and getting it

I confess to playing these sorts of mind games myself sometimes, including on the Virgin Birth. At the end of the day though, it just becomes easier to submit to Church teaching on this mystery, and assume that God himself had figured out how to do it. And who am I to question Him and His methods?

On a material level, the teaching is problematic for me, a (retired) applied scientist, but on a spiritual level, it makes perfect sense and makes the whole narrative come together in a way that is very coherent.

1 Like

Interestingly, the Last Temptation is much more orthodox than most people who criticize it realise. Essentially it asks the question “What would have happened if Jesus had come down from the Cross?” as onlookers were tempting him to do that’s the Last Temptation to which the film title refers). The conclusion of the film is that he would have lived an ordinary life and his church would have been an obscure sect among many. Therefore, Jesus had to resist these temptations and did so, resulting in the might church of today.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.