New NASA Data Blow Gaping Hold In Global Warming Alarmism

Can you say tax gimmick?:rolleyes:

NASA satellite data from the years 2000 through 2011 show the Earth’s atmosphere is allowing far more heat to be released into space than alarmist computer models have predicted, reports a new study in the peer-reviewed science journal Remote Sensing. The study indicates far less future global warming will occur than United Nations computer models have predicted, and supports prior studies indicating increases in atmospheric carbon dioxide trap far less heat than alarmists have claimed.

Study co-author Dr. Roy Spencer, a principal research scientist at the University of Alabama in Huntsville and U.S. Science Team Leader for the Advanced Microwave Scanning Radiometer flying on NASA’s Aqua satellite, reports that real-world data from NASA’s Terra satellite contradict multiple assumptions fed into alarmist computer models.

news.yahoo.com/nasa-data-blow-gaping-hold-global-warming-alarmism-192334971.html

I don’t understand the tax gimmick. Let me see if I get the point of the article correct. The Global Warming religion contains less truth than had been previously claimed, not? Maybe NASA is using this, on the heels of the end of the shuttle program, as a little revenge on the Obama Administration? Or is this why Obama tried to kill NASA?

[and just when we all thought the science was settled, we learn something new.]

Did you send the government the $0.30 you owe them for the carbon you emitted by typing that message?:rolleyes:

The truth will set us free! :smiley:

Obama will probably have Spencer locked up in isolation, because he may ruin his tax gimmick.

God Bless

OK. I get it now. Global Warmingism is a tax gimmick. I got that part. Of course, it’s that and more. It’s part of a totalitarian religion designed to control the masses. I made the mistake of thinking you were referring to the NASA expose as a tax gimmick. I will also repeat Insight’s comment about Obama locking up Spencer, but I’ll say further, perhaps in a Bill Ayers FEMA camp. I wonder if he’ll be part of the 10 percent that isn’t successfully re-educated.

Dr Roy Spencer is a climate change skeptic, see en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Spencer_%28scientist%29 . I cannot find a release of data on the Nasa Aqua website ( aqua.nasa.gov/ ) so I cannot comment on the data. One possible low result does not undo the theory and doesn’t “blow a gaping hole” in it either. Global warming is a reality. If we do not cut our output of greenhouse gases urgently, we will pass the point of no return.

Global warming is not a myth dreamed up to get taxes. Global warming is not a controversal theory in the scientific community. The scientific consensus is that global warming is taking place and will have serious repocussions if we do not act quickly. As our models of the climate get more complex and more accurate, due to better computers, the evidence shows that global warming is a serious threat. Don’t be fooled by companies who are more interested in profit or politcians who exploit supposed “doubt” to get themselves elected. It is in your own interest to act.

I reject your “reality” and substitute my own.

Forbes reports on a peer-reviewed study that uses NASA data to show that the effects of carbon-based warming have been significantly exaggerated. In fact, much of the heat goes out into space rather than stay trapped in the atmosphere, an outcome that started long before AGW proponents predicted:
NASA satellite data from the years 2000 through 2011 show the Earth’s atmosphere is allowing far more heat to be released into space than alarmist computer models have predicted, reports a new study in the peer-reviewed science journal Remote Sensing. The study indicates far less future global warming will occur than United Nations computer models have predicted, and supports prior studies indicating increases in atmospheric carbon dioxidetrap far less heat than alarmists have claimed.

Study co-author Dr. Roy Spencer, a principal research scientist at the University of Alabama in Huntsville and U.S. Science Team Leader for the Advanced Microwave Scanning Radiometer flying on NASA’s Aqua satellite, reports that real-world data from NASA’s Terra satellite contradict multiple assumptions fed into alarmist computer models.
“The satellite observations suggest there is much more energy lost to space during and after warming than the climate models show,” Spencer said in a July 26 University of Alabama press release. “There is a huge discrepancy between the data and the forecasts that is especially big over the oceans.”

In addition to finding that far less heat is being trapped than alarmist computer models have predicted, the NASA satellite data show the atmosphere begins shedding heat into space long before United Nations computer models predicted.

Science is debunking scientists.

Can any scientific endeavor be truly objective when billions of dollars of government grants are contingent on the scientists getting the results that are expected of them?

Was there any of the computer models that predicted this.

Garbage in. Garbage out.

Me too. God bless:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I don’t think Al Gore would agree with this statement.

Global warming is not a controversal theory in the scientific community. The scientific consensus is that global warming is taking place and will have serious repocussions if we do not act quickly. As our models of the climate get more complex and more accurate, due to better computers, the evidence shows that global warming is a serious threat. Don’t be fooled by companies who are more interested in profit or politcians who exploit supposed “doubt” to get themselves elected. It is in your own interest to act.

“ursus bogus” fake image used in a Science magazine article - click for story

According to AP/Anchorage Daily News, he’s on leave pending results of investigation. It seems everywhere you look, there’s some sort of fakery going on with the polar bear issue. For example, the image at left [above], where Science magazine used this fake image to hype the issue. And of course, everyone remembers the scene from the 2005 Al Gore science fiction movie An Inconvenient Truth, where Gore had an animated clip of the polar bear in danger of drowning, trying to get onto a tiny ice flow made smaller, presumably by global warming. Gore cited this study about drowned polar bears.

wattsupwiththat.com/2011/07/2…investigation/

This 2008 World Climate Report essay shows why an investigation is needed:
Where Are All The Drowning Polar Bears?

The Interior Department just announced its decision to list the polar bear as “threatened” under the U.S Endangered Species Act (ESA). The justification behind the decision is that polar bears are highly dependent on sea ice in the Arctic for their livelihood—hunting, mating, birthing, family rearing, etc.—and thus if sea ice declines, so will the overall health of the species.

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=584467

Regardless if global warming is true or not due to humans, I think we should strive for a cleaner future. Let us work to find alternatives for energy that are not as harmful and dangerous to the environment, our health and all life on earth now and future generations.

Even your pope seems to agree with global warming and for more responsibility on our ends.

This doesn’t change the fact the glaciers and permafrost are still melting, and we can finally sail the Northwest passage. :smiley:

I agree.

And keep out the lies.

Fascinating.

Wonder what Al Gore will make of this.
Have a feeling he will not like this.

Oh, well.
You can’t argue with Scientific FACTS. (Irony there).

Real world data? Like I’m going to trust that! What do the computer models say? :wink:

My guess is that the AGW purists won’t buy this…they will prefer to spend billions of dollars based on the “assumptions” just in case the real world data is wrong. You know what happens when you assume… :stuck_out_tongue:

:thumbsup:

We just need to do it in a responsible manner and not spend billions of dollars on junk science.

The UN’s International Panel on Climate Change will likely ignore these findings, as it does not fit in with their agenda. They have been caught manipulating data, discarding data that does not suit their purposes, and even fabricating data that does. They don’t like it when facts get in their way. Such is the world of pseudo science.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.