New NH1 News Poll: Donald Trump leads in NH but Jeb Bush battles John Kasich for 2nd

New New Hampshire NH1 News Poll.

Trump 32%
Bush 12%
Kasich 12%
Christie 11%
Cruz 10%

Among the overall sample, Trump grabs 31.7% support. Bush is at 11.9%, with Kasich at 11.8% and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie at 11%. Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas is backed by 9.7% of those questioned, with Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida at 8.9%. Taking into account the overall poll’s 3.1% sampling error, all four candidates are basically all knotted up.

Following further behind are businesswoman Carly Fiorina (4.6%), famed neurosurgeon Ben Carson (3.8%), Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky (3%), former Sen. Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania (2.6%), and former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee (1%).

nh1.com/news/new-nh1-news-poll-donald-trump-leads-in-nh-but-jeb-bush-narrowly-edges-john-kasich-for-2nd/

Kasich said he would drop out if he doesn’t do well in NH. I assume that means coming in 3rd.

If Trump doesn’t win NH, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if Jeb wins there and suddenly if Cruz wins IA, the race comes down to Cruz and Jeb. Even after Republicans have all but written Jeb off. I’ve always thought a candidate perhaps thought to be less extreme in the eyes of a general election electorate, such as a Jeb or Kasich or even a Christie, would give them their best shot. But then OTOH I reject the idea that the Republican base has that McCain lost to Obama following 8 yrs of George Bush and 2 wars and the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression because he was not far right enough. After GWB I’d have been surprised if any Republican could have toppled then Sen Barack Obama. And Romney losing to President Obama? It’s never easy to defeat an incumbent.

We’ll see, after the Obama Clinton wars of Libya and Syria, people are wary, the Stock Market off to the worse start ever, the worst economic recovery ever, I saw one poll that Trump is even getting 20% of all democrats so people are upset.

You do realize, I hope, that even with any sluggishness in the economic recovery following the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression, that overall things are still better than 7 yrs ago. Unemployment is down. Home values on the rise. I know mine has risen 60% under Obama. Stocks over the longhaul up. And we have been at war and fighting terrorism since 911 when the President was a Republican. Of course there is still much to be done and folks like Donald Trump control too much of the wealth. But I do have to wonder if the Democrats you speak of have been voting for Democrats anyway. Sounds to me you might be referring to those who used to be called “Reagan Democrats”. That ship sailed a long time ago and Bill Clinton and Barack Obama still became President and each were reelected as well.

I was referring to a poll! usnews.com/opinion/articles/2016-01-08/new-poll-shows-donald-trump-is-a-real-threat-to-hillary-clinton If one has problems with what I said, please go argue with the pollsters. Not say “you might be referring to those who used to be called “Reagan Democrats”. That ship sailed a long time ago and Bill Clinton and Barack Obama still became President and each were reelected as well.”

Nearly 20 percent of likely Democratic voters say they’d cross sides and vote for Trump, while a small number, or 14 percent, of Republicans claim they’d vote for Clinton. When those groups were further broken down, a far higher percentage of the crossover Democrats contend they are “100 percent sure” of switching than the Republicans.

Trump has gotten huge crowds in Vermont and Massachusetts, unheard of.

African Americans are much worse off, there was not strife in the community like now.

The Obama/Clinton failed foreign policy leading to chaos over the whole region and seeing hundreds of thousands killed, failing in Egypt, Libya and Syria and elsewhere.
Things are at the least, no better.

I do agree we’ll see. Even with the recent Electoral map advantage the Democratic Party has had, I suspect we will still see another Republican President elected someday. Unless of course in the meantime the Republican Party destroys itself electorally in Presidential elections. But I have no crystal ball as to when. Perhaps it will be in 2016 after 2 terms of a Democrat. Or 2020 after 3 cycles as it was after Reagan and the 1st Bush. Or 2024 after Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton each serving 2 terms. But whenever that happens, we will also see another Democratic President after that. Voters swing the pendulum back and forth over the course of time. It’s simply the nature of American politics and in other countries as well. In Canada and Britain for instance you see the same. That’s why it’s never a great idea to cheer too too loudly. Don’t get me wrong. I cheered loudly when Barack Obama was elected. And I will again if Donald Trump is defeated in Nov. But no matter who we cheer for, defeat is almost certain to come again.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.