New PBS program says Bible isn't true, stories made up

You know, it’s not the most savory of programs. But that’s no reason to boycott PBS. It’s a fine news source, a wealth of cultural programming, a science outlet extraordinaire, and even a children’s program block. If we lose or further hamper PBS because of a hissy fit about one program or about some perceived liberal or anti-Christian bias, then we lose what I sincerely believe is one of America’s greatest assets. Most of PBS’s funding doesn’t actually come from the government, it comes from its viewers, and the programming varies widely depending on the local station. So don’t blame the government, and don’t blame PBS as a whole.

I’m not going to sign the petition. I brought this to the attention of the forum just to see what people thought of it. I have too many great years of Sesame Street memories to boycott PBS :smiley:

Well does the PBS program actually say the Bible isn’t true, as the accusation described in the accusation, or does the PBS program actually point out that some of the Bible stories are allegorical?

Even the Catholic Church knows that not all the stories in the Bible are historically true, and each must be understood in the proper context.

I’ll wait and see the program before I make a judgment.

Jim

JimR-OCDS

Even the Catholic Church knows that not all the stories in the Bible are historically true, and each must be understood in the proper context.

Can you tell me what stories in the Bible are not true?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.