New priest or stay with the old?

I want to have my sins absolved tomorrow even though I can confess them on Wednesday during adoration and I have no idea what to do. My regular confessor told me to make an act of contrition and told me it doesn’t have to be perfect, that the Lord sees our hearts and knows our intentions. I think he’s trying to discourage me from despairing due to multiple habitual sins, but I really want to stay in God’s sanctifying grace. It’s not easy!

Listen to your confessor. Do not question him.

As a scrupulant myself, I will tell you this: do what your Confessor says. It can be very hard.

This essay is one of the best things I have ever read about dealing with scrupulosity. It is over 100 years old, but is a great source of strength when I am tempted to disobey my Confessor and give into scruples, which is a terrible temptation that must be resisted.

Stick with your old priest. He knows you and takes that into consideration at confession. Place your trust in him.

Trust your confessor.

Yeah, you should take your regular confessors advice. I too am scrupulous. It’s on-and-off for me though. The important thing is not to despair.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.