New Priests!

For those who get a "pick me up" seeing new vocations, I"ll pass this on. An older group to some degree, but it shows grace can come at any time.
I like how one came to his vocation after Pope John Paul ll death...I came back to the church then too....miracles happen everyday :)
cny.org/archive/ld/ld3050610.pdf

Thank you for posting. :wink:

Thanks for sharing. We have an elderly Priest in our diocese, he is now retired, he is awesome! He has 19 granchildren! He came to his Vocation late in life after his wife passed away. I am so amazed with this humble man. He is so blessed that with the receiving of the last rites when he passes that he will have had ALL the sacraments of the church. What a blessing to know him!!:thumbsup:

I have noticed that we've been getting a much higher quality (holier) product from the seminaries in recent years than when I was young. Looks like they've begun cleaning up some of our seminaries!

I think Fr. Groechel said once, maturity helps a lot of vocations, they have been through a lot and know more from experience..not always, but sometimes. Being in a community is tougher because your will isn't important, you have less,being in a local parish is a bit different, things are more to what you want to some degree.
These priests sound like they are very devoted and I hope they find much joy in their vocation.

[quote="CatholicCajun, post:3, topic:200174"]
Thanks for sharing. We have an elderly Priest in our diocese, he is now retired, he is awesome! He has 19 granchildren! He came to his Vocation late in life after his wife passed away. I am so amazed with this humble man. He is so blessed that with the receiving of the last rites when he passes that he will have had ALL the sacraments of the church. What a blessing to know him!!:thumbsup:

[/quote]

That is certainly a blessing for him to have been within his lifetime a husband, a grandfather to many, and a priest! Thank you for sharing this about your priest.

This is such a wonderful pick-me-up! Thanks for posting! :)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.