New, questions

I apologize ahead of time, I've been trying to read through the threads and I've read the stickies, but didn't find exactly what I was looking for.

Is there a book or website that basically compares and contrasts the various Religious Orders? Kind of flow chart or graph with contemplative, cloistered, wears a traditional habit, outside work, monastery work, that kind of thing?

Or even one that has a paragraph or two on each different (major?) ones so that one could at least start winnowing the choices?

Thanks and God bless!

This site should help...:thumbsup:

religious-vocation.com/differences_religious_orders.html

[quote="blueadept, post:2, topic:267338"]

[/quote]

:thumbsup: thanks!

[quote="blueadept, post:2, topic:267338"]

[/quote]

I found a pretty interesting quote on the site:

According to Saint Therese, the existence of religious communities are so vital that, if one were to draw an analogy to the Mystical body of Christ, they would be considered the heart. Saint Faustina confirms this reality;** "I learned that the world's existence is maintained by chosen souls; that is, the religious orders."** -diary 1431

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.