New Record Highs in Moral Acceptability

WASHINGTON, D.C. – The American public has become more tolerant on a number of moral issues, including premarital sex, embryonic stem cell research, and euthanasia. On a list of 19 major moral issues of the day, Americans express levels of moral acceptance that are as high or higher than in the past on 12 of them, a group that also encompasses social mores such as polygamy, having a child out of wedlock, and divorce.

gallup.com/poll/170789/new-record-highs-moral-acceptability.aspx

Well, it looks like there is new statistical evidence that moral values are declining in this nation. People’s consciences are becoming more and more warped concerning moral values which ought to be clear to everyone. This is so sad. :frowning: We definitely have a huge need for the New Evangelization. I know I mention the need for the New Evangelization often but that is because I honestly feel like not enough Catholics are taking part in evangelizing people. It seems that we are experiencing moral and cultural decay at a more rapid pace than we are in seeing moral and cultural enrichment via more people having the right moral values and more people being orthodox Catholics.

Holly3278

You are right. Sadly, I needn’t go outside of my own family for the urgent need for The New Evangelization. My Jesus Mercy.

Peace

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.