New Research: Protestant Churchgoers Stick Around for Theology, Not Music or Preachers

The study of Protestant churchgoers found most are committed to staying at their church over the long haul. But more than half say they would strongly consider leaving if the church’s beliefs changed.

encouraging but not unexpected

The outcome is not alarming. What i find alarming it the thought of having “Church changed it doctrine”as an option.

Peace!!!

I wonder if it’s the same for Catholics.

Its been known to happen, example given, some of our Protestant friends have moved homosexuality from the “Sin” to the “OK” category.

I would switch denominations only if I permanently moved somewhere I couldn’t attend ”my own” faith.
Having said that, if my church betrayed it’s heritage in order to cosy up to bigots, I would storm out without bothering to curse the hypocrits on leaving.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.