New Show on AMC, "Vows" to be positive drama about the preisthood

catholic.org/national/national_story.php?id=24541&page=1

Sounds worth checking out in the fall.

It looks interesting. I’m writing a novel and one of my characters is a nice, normal priest, with no skeletons in the closet or scandals lurking about.

And as I’ve been working on my story, I’ve gotten a bit sensitive about the negative stereotypes and portrayals of priests in the media these days. (Just like my character’s sister does in the story.)

Mia S.

I thought this looked interesting, just wanted to give a heads-up to everyone.

Looks good! I will definately check it out! Thanks for the heads-up.

I can only hope that for the sake of ratings - they don’t turn to sensationalism and relativism for it to succeed. Tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but and let it succeed or not on its own merits. We’ll be watching. Thank goodness it wasn’t pitched to FX first.

Ha! FX – I don’t even want to THINK of what it would be like on that channel.

If the show delivers what the article promises, this should be a very worthwhile show indeed!

This may be old news here, but I just saw it, and thought others might like to know. Wouldn’t this be wonderful, if they hold true to what they are proposing.

NEW YORK (National Catholic Register) – The fall television lineup will include a show about Catholic priests. But it won’t be a tale about corrupt or dysfunctional priests, as some shows in the past have been.

Rather, “Vows” – now in production for the American Movie Channel – is about a priest who is faithful and is in love with the church.
catholic.org/national/national_story.php?id=24541

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.