New study from China helps to prove the Abortion-Breast Cancer Link

by Mary L Davenport MD

In the US we are used to abortion advocates claiming that the risk of elective abortion is relatively trivial, and major medical organizations denying any link between abortion and breast cancer. Now a powerful new study from China published last week by Yubei Huang and colleagues suggests otherwise. The article, a meta-analysis pooling 36 studies from 14 provinces in China, showed that abortion increased the risk of breast cancer by 44% with one abortion, and 76% and 89% with two and three abortions.

Read more: americanthinker.com/2013/12/new_study_from_china_helps_to_prove_the_abortion-breast_cancer_link.html#ixzz2mSmDmi2r

Thank you for posting this. I have heard the Doctor on Relevant Radio presenting other similar findings. I hope that people start reading and listening to people who advocate for the moral good. Seems like the government and some in the medical profession have been doing all they can to downplay the evidence for a long time.

Wonder about birth control methods that allow fertilized eggs to abort due to chemical or mechanical changes in the uterus… does that increase the chance of breast cancer also? There seems to be a lot of cancers around now a days…

On the surface, this makes me very sad…and scared…
But anything coming out of China makes me VERY skeptical…remember this is the country that ships tons of **** toys loaded with lead to the US for our kids UNDER THE AGE OF THREE to play with. The Chinese (currently) have a very different respect for human life than they once had. I don’t trust anything Chinese anymore…sorry and scary to say that trust, future and children used to be the hallmark of Chinese culture… ugh. apparently no more. It’s all about $$$$$$$$ these days…

In the US we are used to abortion advocates claiming that the risk of elective abortion is relatively trivial,

:rotfl:

and major medical organizations denying any link between abortion and breast cancer.

Cue the special interests!

How can Komen for the Cure continue to give money to Planned Parenthood, the largest abortion provider?

blog

Great question. The title Planned parenthood is so misleading…

Yes, birth control pills, patches, implants etc (combined hormonal contraceptives, to use the exact definition) greatly increase the risk of breast cancer, especially TNBC (triple negative breast cancer) which is a particularly aggressive subtype of breast cancer with a poor prognosis and few treatment options.

Yes, and the government is aware of the increase in cancer risk, including breast cancer, due to oral contraceptives.

I might chime in one other point of temperance––that the physical damage due to these chemicals is a fair argument against them, but should be secondary to the moral matter. In other words, if in theory, science comes up with a contraceptive that is “healthy,” it would not suddenly make it moral to inject contraception into the marital act. That being said, the physical detriment caused by contraceptives works well in tandem with the moral argument, which is primary.

Good point and I agree. First is the moral matter…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.