New user tutorial?

Is there an new user Tutorial?

I’m also trying to locate it.

Yes, hopefully there is one, this format is tough, cant tell which threads Ive posted in, and do not like that the replies to certain posts are not shown, you actually have to click to see individual replies to that particular post,before you could just scroll down the page and was easy to see replies.

You can watch the Mozilla Discourse tutorial: https://air.mozilla.org/how-to-use-mozilla-discourse/

Go to you avatar and then select Activity and All to see all your posts.

To bullet use the asterisk or hyphen starting on a line and make sure there is a space after, or double hyphen, double space before the asterisk or hyphen for a subtopic, or four spaces before the next level, etc., for example:

• Topic One
    • Subtopic One
    • Subtopic Two
  • Topic Two
    • Subtopic One
      • Item One
      • Item Two

Tables can be made using heading and htmll tables, see: https://www.w3schools.com/html/html_tables.asp

Multiplication Table

Multiplicand Multiplier Product
5 7 35
7 3 21

While HTML is fine for us programmers / tech savvy people, I think that might be a little hard for some of the less technical users.

For some of us like me I think it would be a good idea to have a tutorial so we can better use this new system and formate

@discobot display help

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start new user

Starts one of the following interactive narratives: new user, advanced user.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you — Princess Diana

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

Ah mikekle you are here!

Yep, I just joined and there was a tutorial.

Trying to earn a batch, so Mozilla’s tutorial does not help. Where do I locate it?

Mine was in a message first thing after I verified my account. It was pretty basic though.

https://forums.catholic.com/badges

Likely it’s because you just registered, but users that were migrated from the old platform did not get the tutorial message from discobot. I accidentally stumbled on it because I @mentioned “he who should not be named” (aka discobot)

There are actually two “levels” of tutorial. The new user and advanced user version.

you can do (remove the space between @ and discobot):
@ discobot start new user
-or-
@ discobot start advanced user

I did the tutorials in a PM conversation with discobot. Just go to your profile and send a message to discobot. It will reply and walk you through some of the features. That being said it won’t walk you through things like site navigation.

@Jestersage, those two above grant the Certified and Licensed badges if that is what you mean.

@discobot show likes.

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

@discobot display time.

Yes, I did the new user. Thank you.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.