New user tutorial?

Still clueless.

Where do I type and what do I type to @discobot to find the interactive new user tutorial.

Really clueless!

@discobot display help

Oh in a pm window?

With spacings? Hmmm

I thought discobot was a real chatter.

Is discobot a Robot

Well it’s a piece of software called an auto-responder. It basically looks for certain words and then responds as programmed.

Let me try starting a group PM with you and discobot to get you started.

I’m trying to figure out how to center text.

<CENTER>test</CENTER> doesn’t seem to work. Here I try it:

test

Yup. Tags are made invisible but text is not centered.

Thankyou
…it is very helpful

@discobot start new user

Yes. The advanced tutorial does recommend this page with markdown: http://commonmark.org/help/

Good point, @Vico. Markdown is what the editor inserts into the posts. At the bottom of the page you linked to is an interactive tutorial. Including the link for those interested.

Markdown 10 minute interactive tutorial

Help! How do I get a PM window to do this disco bot thing? I could really use a tutorial.

OK, click on discobot and then send the message. Where is discobot? There is more than one way to do this. Try just using this thread. Click on Discobot avatar and select message (the envelope). Once you sent your message there will be a short delay and then a response will be send. There is a dialog and you will complete each assignment with a reply and then a response. At the end you will receive a certificate. This can be done for the new user and for advanced. When you get the advanced certificate you will be Licensed.

Ahhhh! Thanks Vico, I got the PM thing going and bookmarked it.:clap:

Glad you got it going. I had difficulty also. I was able to do both the new user and the advanced. The advanced will take you though a lot of features!

Not working for me.

Did you try this? (Use discobot on: New user tutorial?)

Click on discobot and then send the message. Where is discobot? There is more than one way to do this. Try just using this thread. Click on Discobot avatar and select message (the envelope). Once you sent your message there will be a short delay and then a response will be send. There is a dialog and you will complete each assignment with a reply and then a response. At the end you will receive a certificate. This can be done for the new user and for advanced. When you get the advanced certificate you will be Licensed.

Sorted thanks.

:trophy:

Great. :sparkler:

Finished it tonight…some good tricks in the advanced…

I got told to bookmark the basic and no further messages from @discobot.

In the advanced I got as far as the # for categories.

I’m not sure what I need to do to proceed.

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

@discobot display help

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start new user

Starts one of the following interactive narratives: new user, advanced user.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you — Princess Diana

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.