New website regarding persecution of Baha'is

Sadly we read of various religions being persecuted or of attacks on churches and Holy Places from Egypt to Myanmar. Yesterday a new website was launched regarding the persecution of Baha’is in Iran:

GENEVA—18 January 2018—In response to growing interest on the persecution of the Bahá’ís of Iran, a website was launched today by the Bahá’í International Community providing a glimpse into several decades of discriminatory treatment against the Bahá’ís in that country. The website, named Archives of Bahá’í Persecution in Iran (iranbahaipersecution.bic.org), makes available, for the first time, thousands of official documents, reports, testimonials, and audio-visual material, revealing documentary evidence of years of relentless oppression.

Hey, thanks for sharing this I don’t get the hatred toward them. You don’t have to agree with someone’s religion, but why does that mean you should actively persecute it?

The Baha’i challenged the status quo of the governments in Iran. It’s less about heresy to Islam, even though that’s the official story a lot of people give, than it is about the Baha’i championing political reforms that very conservative Islamist officials don’t like. Politics ruins everything it touches. No one should be persecuted because of their beliefs.

I hate what’s happened to Iran. My grandparents lived through the revolution and my grandfather tears up whenever he talks about it.

Thanks Shazirah for your post!:hugs: yes… Baha’is are very interested in education and having been blocked from higher education developed an underground for educating themselves BIHE…, recognized by some universities abroad:

http://iranpresswatch.org/post/category/bihe/

As to politics Baha’is Are forbidden to run for partisan offices and cannot belong to partisan political groups. We vote in elections when allowed.
My interest in sharing this new web site was to share the situation Baha’is have experienced in Iran and also the documentation for the persecutions.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.