New Year's Eve Plans?

For the first time in quite a few years, I find myself really really wanting to be able to go out and have a good time this year for NYE. Now, I had plllllllleeennnnnty of fun in my college years to last me the rest of my days, so nothing crazy, but I’d love to go out with the hubby and have a few drinks, dance a few dances, chat with friends and have a nice night “out”…something we never do.

But, alas, babysitters are HARD to find on that night…all the ones who are old enough that I"d trust them to stay that late have plans of their own. So, I suppose we will sit around, play games and chat and drink eggnog at home again. Sigh…

Anyone have any big plans?

lol…my big plans involve going to bed early, then waking up between 10pm and midnight, annoyed at the people down the street who are setting off illigal fireworks. Then listen for the sirens. :stuck_out_tongue: NYE used to be a big deal for me, but I don’t drink much anymore, and just can’t get into the spirit of it these days. Guess I’m getting old!

I have New Year's Day off for the first time in a long time. I will be going out with some new friends, getting tipsy (the fun kind), and sleeping in the next day. :D

[quote="lada, post:1, topic:181314"]
For the first time in quite a few years, I find myself really really wanting to be able to go out and have a good time this year for NYE. Now, I had plllllllleeennnnnty of fun in my college years to last me the rest of my days, so nothing crazy, but I'd love to go out with the hubby and have a few drinks, dance a few dances, chat with friends and have a nice night "out"...something we never do.

But, alas, babysitters are HARD to find on that night...all the ones who are old enough that I"d trust them to stay that late have plans of their own. So, I suppose we will sit around, play games and chat and drink eggnog at home again. Sigh....

Anyone have any big plans?

[/quote]

None whatsoever. My husband refuses to go out on NYE. He calls it "ameteur night", referring to the number of people who drink and drive. We will probably be in bed before midnight. Though this year I might talk him into going out to an early dinner since I have to work and we got some restaurant gift cards for Christmas.

I will have been up since 4:00 am, there is no way that I can stay up that late anymore. The New Year will come in if I am awake or asleep.

Wow am I an old fuddy duddy:D

Big plans?
I recall as a child asking my parents what the big deal was. (Their answer: an excuse to party and drink too much.)
I guess I still feel this way.
I know that Mass is at 5:00pm or at 10:00am on New years.
My ‘celebrations’ will have to accommodate those times. And getting plenty of sleep too.

Another fuddy-duddy. :slight_smile:

We actually do have plans, and I’m pretty excited. My friend is a park ranger and he gets to rent the hall at the forest for free. So about 15 of us are going there and will have the space (which will hold up to 250 or so) to ourselves. We have one of those huge drop down projectors for the wii, a smattering of board games and poker. People can drink or not, it’s up to them. But if they drink too much they can spend the night.

Staying home for the first time of my adult life. I am the the lector for the 10:30 am mass friday. Happy New Years everyone and be safe.

My husband recently transferred all of our old home movies to dvd…so we are going to spend New Year’s Eve watching movies of our grandbabies when they were newborn, etc. Should be fun!

*Staying at home, coming up with some yummy appetizers, and toasting to the new year when it arrives. We buy silly hats, and horns and run outside at midnight like nuts...screaming happy new year. :p My husband not so much, he just looks at the kids and me like... :ehh:

But, it's our way of having some fun. Happy new year everyone...if you ARE going to be heading to any parties, restaurants, etc...please be safe out there!*

[quote="Pax2u, post:9, topic:181314"]
My husband recently transferred all of our old home movies to dvd...so we are going to spend New Year's Eve watching movies of our grandbabies when they were newborn, etc. Should be fun!

[/quote]

Aw! :love:

Dh has to work Thursday and Friday, as he was off for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, so our New Year's will be very quiet; we'll watch a little TV after he gets home, and I will enjoy football on New Year's Day. I might do something really exciting and get some Honeybaked Ham for dinner, but that's about as exciting as it will get.

Nothing...at least as far as I can tell. I was invited to something but I have no way of getting out there so I'm not going. Not sure otherwise...

About 12 family and friends are going to a party at a local bowling alley. Buffet at midnight and 1 glass of champaign! Lots of door prizes and 5 games of scotch doubles. Hope I win something!

Corn beef and cabbage NY day.

I will be spending New Years Eve with some of my close friends. We are going into NYC to a formal party that has dancing, food, and an open bar. We usually buy tickets to attend a party/reception like this every year at a new place in NYC, so I am hoping for another good time.

There is plenty of public transportation so none of us have to drive and the event is a formal one so much of the ‘amateur night’ aspect of NYE is removed. Most of the people there should be in their late 20s to early 40s. I am looking forward to it.

Same old thing each year. Watch the ball drop by myself since I have no friends to do anything with. :frowning: My husband will be sleeping. I am so depressed.

Actually while I have several options including a party and a church event I’m really feeling like just staying at home with a good movie and bundled in a blanket…am I getting old or what? lol

My husband, baby, and I are going to the 6:30 Vigil Mass on New Year’s Eve. Then we’re going out to dinner–we have a coupon AND a gift card! Yay!

We really want to stay up until midnight, but I refuse to watch yet another night of Dick Clark. I want to pop some firecrackers, but the husband is cheaping out, so that might not happen. If we can make it to midnight, we’ll have Diet Sunkist in those champagne glasses they gave us at Disney World during our honeymoon. . .Yeah, so we’re not the biggest drinkers on the block. :slight_smile:

Then, on New Year’s Day, we’re visiting my sister. I usually don’t do anything special for the holiday, so this will be nice!

Laura Ic, I hope that you are not depressed simply because of your new year's plans. For it is just another day. Some people don't think new year's day is a big deal and there is nothing wrong with that in my humble opinion. I hope you get to feeling better.:)

[quote="Cajun_Girl, post:18, topic:181314"]
I refuse to watch yet another night of Dick Clark. !

[/quote]

Oh, I am with you there! Bless his heart, it's great to see that he still has the vim and vigor to want to go on and do the show, but it's gotten really uncomfortable to watch! :o

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.