New York Post columnist slammed city shutdown in blistering op-ed

New York Post columnist slammed city shutdown in blistering op-ed

Premiered May 21, 2020

New York Post columnist David Marcus called out the risks of keeping New York City locked-down. #FoxNews #Tucker

1 Like

Dr. Drew Pinsky argued on Friday that United States governors are falsely justifying stay-at-home orders under the pretense of using scientific reasoning to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus.

“There is no science of lockdown. We don’t have that science. It’s all models, conjecture, theory, this isn’t science,” Pinsky told “The Brian Kilmeade Show.”

Pinsky said there has been “absolutely” an uptick in mental health issues and substance abuse – especially alcohol – as people spend weeks in their homes. He disputed the notion that there is settled science behind implementing mass quarantines of healthy people, calling it an unprecedented step.

“The idea of quarantining a healthy population has never been done before in human history,” said Pinsky, adding that much of the spread of coronavirus has happened in homes and in tight spaces like mass transit.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/dr-drew-pinsky-governors-pushing-lockdowns-following-science

Models and theory are a pretty important part of science, I would think? Unless I’m misunderstanding what’s being said.

So I can’t speak for the U.S, but that is definitely not the case over here. A big reason why COVID was stopped was due to testing and quarantining.

I’m sure Dr. Pinksy has reasons for saying that, but I don’t think it’s very responsible of him to dispute the use of quarantine and the like.

He has been off the mark on COVID-19 and has apologized.

1 Like

Doctor Pinsky was in Sharknado if I recall. I have no objection to his observations mostly because things become more clear in hindsight. Monday morning quarterbacking. The fuel for learning by experience and having wisdom.
Everyone shut America down from Trump to Democrats. So now we are here. To late to be there. What now?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.