New York Times ... Clinton Foundation in Haiti Confusing mix of private-government relationships

nytimes.com/2016/10/17/us/hillary-clinton-cheryl-mills.html?_r=0

Headline:

Haiti and Africa Projects Shed Light on Clinton’s Public-Private Web

The Clinton Foundation left a toxic legacy in Colombia

fusion.net/story/357169/hillary-clinton-foundation-victims-colombia/

“They are doing nothing for workers,” one Colombian union official told us, with disgust. “I don’t even know what they are doing in this country other than exploiting poverty and extracting money.”

But I thought you can’t trust the left-wing media, such as the NYT, since they are rigging the election by supporting Hillary Clinton and focusing only on denouncing Trump.

Touche! It must be rigged!:smiley:

They might figure the election is essentially over, and sometimes a story is just too juicy to pass up, as long as it doesn’t really threaten their candidate, which this one won’t.

Even a broken clock shows the correct time now and then.

The left-wing media needs to maintain some level of legitimacy in order to be taken seriously - ergo, some stories need to carry some degree of truthfulness.

Although that legitimacy seems to have been nearly abandoned over the past few years.

Perhaps the story is an indicator that the NYT is getting a sense (only very recently) of which direction the wind is blowing and that it needs to reposition itself before it loses credibility entirely?

Touche?

I would think to “rig” something like an election, you can’t be too obvious about it, can you?

What do you want, an announcement to that effect on the front page?

How anyone can read the Wikileaks documents and not think there is “rigging” involved by the media is baffling.

Well, at least one person in the media doesn’t want the public reading the emails… and he admitted as much on the air!

dailycaller.com/2016/10/16/cnn-host-claims-its-illegal-for-public-to-view-wikileaks-emails-video/

I guess just listen to what the media has to say about the emails, if they choose to cover it.

Source:

fusion.net/story/357169/hillary-clinton-foundation-victims-colombia/

The American Media Institute, a nonprofit news service based in Alexandria, Virginia, partnered with Fusion to send us to Colombia to investigate the Clinton Foundation’s impact. We found ground realities that contrast, often starkly, with the nonprofit’s platitudes about its good work.

CNN’s Chris Cuomo told viewers it is illegal for them to possess emails leaked by the website WikiLeaks, and as a result they could not read them and had to rely entirely on the media to learn about their content.

Read more: dailycaller.com/2016/10/16/cnn-host-claims-its-illegal-for-public-to-view-wikileaks-emails-video/#ixzz4NMOuNf5N

Illegal? :doh2:

Chris Cuomo has lost all sense of perspective, apparently – too tangled up in the “rigging” of the ship. I suppose?

Maybe because my tin foil hat needs calibration?:smiley:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.