New Yorkers - What to do on Long Island?

Dh and I will be attending a family wedding on LI this coming weekend. On Monday, he will have business at Islip airport, so I will need to amuse myself.

Any suggestions for what to see or where to go near Islip?

On Tuesday, he might have to spend a few hours at JFK airport. What can I do near there?

All suggestions welcome. :thumbsup:

Before you do anything go to GoldStar.com. The prices will be seriously reduced for
museums and plays and such.

Leave.

:eek:

[quote="Ponyguy, post:3, topic:205047"]

Leave.

:eek:

[/quote]

Oh that's cold Ponyguy! Are you a relocated ex Long Islander as I am? :D

Will you have a car? Who will be with you, kids, adults, teens? How long do you have?

I am familiar with the Islip airport area, but not JFK or LaGuardia.

Just me and the hubby. I will have a car while he works all day Monday.

If you like boutiqe-y type shopping, there is an adorable little downtown near there. Wonderful shops & restaurants:

greatersayvillechamber.com/

If you are an outdoorsy type, you could go here:

bayardcuttingarboretum.com/

The area immediately surrounding the airport is very built up and has a lot of commercial buildings. The places I suggested are about 10 minute drive and are right on the water.

Hope you have fun!

[quote="KCT, post:1, topic:205047"]
Dh and I will be attending a family wedding on LI this coming weekend. On Monday, he will have business at Islip airport, so I will need to amuse myself.

Any suggestions for what to see or where to go near Islip?

On Tuesday, he might have to spend a few hours at JFK airport. What can I do near there?

All suggestions welcome. :thumbsup:

[/quote]

You're practically on the south shore... you might as well hit the beach! Robert Moses is one of my favorites. :) Basically, just take the Robert Moses parkway all the way to the end. :)

What other sorts of things do you like to do? It's hard for us to pick for you, but I might be able to give you tips when you tell me about the sorts of things you like to do.

-Rob

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.