News Report: "Gay sex immoral: Church."

This newspaper in India explains the Catholic view about gay sex after India has just decriminalized consensual gay sex.

This article explaining the Catholic view about gay sex came out in “The Telegraph,” the fifth most widely-read English newspaper in India.

I think it explains things fine:

1. Not everything that’s legal is moral, say the Catholic bishops of India.
  2. Homosexual acts are immoral, being intrinsically contrary to divine intention with regards to the meaning of human sexuality. Homosexual acts did not become moral because they were de-criminalized.
  3. An attraction for persons of the same sex is not a moral perversion of the person, but rather only the actions are disordered. People who experience this condition have the same dignity and the same human rights as everyone else. They deserve to be treated with dignity and their situation ought to be treated with sensitivity.

Am I missing some problem with it?

This teaching is very prudent and it is exactly what the Church should be saying publicly, amid the international scandals in the Church: The Church certainly does not approve or condone homosexual acts by clerics or any sexual abuse of any persons – as acts lacking in charity and inconsistent with the holiness of all persons.

Isaiah 56:4-5
For thus says the LORD:

To the eunuchs who keep my sabbaths,

who choose what pleases me,

and who hold fast to my covenant,d

5I will give them, in my house

and within my walls, a monument and a name*

Better than sons and daughters;

an eternal name, which shall not be cut off, will I give them.

and,

Wisdom 3:14

So also the eunuch whose hand wrought no misdeed,

who held no wicked thoughts against the LORD

For he shall be given fidelity’s choice reward*

and a more gratifying heritage in the LORD’s temple.

It hardly counts as news that the Church counts gay sex as immoral. That was old news 5000 years ago.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.