Newspapers run IDENTICAL fake letters slamming Trump's Supreme Ct pick

Fake news? George Soros? Either way this is why Jefferson was right:

The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.

Wonder how many will respond to this supporting the letter writers?

CAF Godwin’s Law. In the first post!

I should start keeping a count of the number of times every day George Soros comes up. That would be funny.

21 newspapers in 12 states - identical letters all signed by
different people?!!

This should prove why journalistic standards are quickly falling and people do not trust the media!

I love how these anti-Trumpers keep getting caught at their lies and deceptions.

The Left and social media deception.

How is this any different from Sinclair sending mandatory corporate op-eds to the local stations they own?

Spoiler alert: it isn’t. Rich entities use their money to try and influence the way we think. It should be stopped on both sides of the aisle.

Thanks for sharing. Great interview. I
really like Candace Owens. I hope she will
inspire others.

That’s a fair point. But there is a difference. The letters to the editor are supposedly from individuals motivated on their own to write to the newspaper. If the newspaper passed off an editorial from them as a letter to the editor that is very deceitful. It shows the newspapers are completely untrustworthy and have been inventing public opinion.

The newspapers independently selecting the same letter seems improbable. As much as papers are relics of the past many people still write letters I’m sure. To select the same letter suggests corruption in the selection process or at the very least a very particular bias.

If the newspapers want to have any credibility they’d investigate how this letter came to be published in so many papers. They’d investigate themselves. They’d investigate the supposed authors. But they won’t because they are dishonest and fake news.

And Hillary Clinton, and President Obama

There are many times when various interest groups, what most often springs to mind are anti-abortion groups, will send a sample letter to their members asking that they “sign this letter and send it in to your local news paper”. I’ve also seen post cards distributed with a pre-printed message asking people to sign them and send to their newspaper, Senators, the President, etc.

Is it only okay when it is done for political ideals that you favor?

It seems really unlikely to me that newspaper editors get together every day, across the nation, to check to make sure they’re not publishing duplicate letters.

That’s the first[quote=“TheLittleLady, post:10, topic:498160, full:true”]
There are many times when various interest groups, what most often springs to mind are anti-abortion groups, will send a sample letter to their members asking that they “sign this letter and send it in to your local news paper”. I’ve also seen post cards distributed with a pre-printed message asking people to sign them and send to their newspaper, Senators, the President, etc.

Is it only okay when it is done for political ideals that you favor?
[/quote]
That’s the first thing I thought of when I read the headline.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.