Newt Gingrich: Americans Must Fight Hostility to Christianity Growing in Schools

Newt Gingrich: Americans Must Fight Hostility to Christianity Growing in Schools

A virulent hostility toward religion is threatening the very fabric of American liberty and prosperity: That’s the alarm former House Speaker Newt Gingrich and his wife, Callista, are sounding in their thought-provoking new documentary, “Rediscovering God in America II: Our Heritage”. In an exclusive Newsmax.TV interview, the former House speaker contends that American culture has been marked by "a steady increase in hostility to religion over the last 70 or 80 years, in ways that are a profound challenge, both to Western Civilization and to America as we know it."
Christianity appears to be the primary target of the attacks, Gingrich says.

more…

See Video: Newt Gingrich talks about the threat to Christianity in our nation’s schools - Click Here Now

I have to say, I have parents who work in public schools, I went to public schools up until 6th grade, and I’m observing for my education minor in a public school right now: I don’t see it. I don’t see any of this supposed hostility to Christianity.

Could it be that you just don’t like the messenger?

No, its not. I’m not a fan of Newt Gingrich, but that doesn’t have anything to do with what I’m not seeing happening in public schools.

This sounds like a political discussion. Many folks just refuse to input that having non-sectarian public schools is not hostility to Christianity. And it’s the law.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.