NFP and intimate abstaining days

My wife and I have discerned a need to prudently avoid conception for the time being. We are looking for guidance on continuing physical intimacy during abstaining days.

Is it morally acceptable for my wife to be taken to climax on one of these abstinence days even if I do not?

No.
It is not ok. You then become a sex toy to her, and if you climaxed, it would be the other way around. Be chaste on those days, and just enjoy each other in nonsexual ways.

No. You want to practice non genital contact types of intimacy.

That was what I thought. Thank you.

You can, however: massage shoulders, hug, hold hands, talk, take a walk together, etc. Those actions can be rather intimate. It would be wise to avoid anything that normally constitutes foreplay, however.

[quote="themeginthemoon, post:2, topic:249103"]
No.

It is not ok. *You then become a sex toy to her, and if you climaxed, it would be the other way around. * Be chaste on those days, and just enjoy each other in nonsexual ways.

[/quote]

Careful how this is said. The wife's climax is certainly good, but not required for a unitive and procreative act to take place. As its worded, it sounds as if the wife would be used as a sex toy if the man was the one who climaxed and she didn't, ie, "the other way around". The husband's orgasm is a necessary part the act because of the transmission of seed. The wife's orgasm, while something the couple should achieve, is not.

Nope, don’t listen to that rubbish. Of course it’s necessary!! Hahaha.

[quote="mwncheesehead, post:6, topic:249103"]
Careful how this is said. The wife's climax is certainly good, but not required for a unitive and procreative act to take place. As its worded, it sounds as if the wife would be used as a sex toy if the man was the one who climaxed and she didn't, ie, "the other way around". The husband's orgasm is a necessary part the act because of the transmission of seed. The wife's orgasm, while something the couple should achieve, is not.

[/quote]

I am saying that completing non procreative acts, purely for the purpose of achieving orgasm, are the same thing as using each other for sex.

Ah, got it.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.