NFP Android Application?

Does anyone know of a reliable Android application for the Sympto-Thermal Method of NFP?

I am writing one now. I hope to have it out there by July 2010.

Not an app, but you could always use FertilityFriend online in the mean time and access it online. They have it set as ttc, but it's easy enough to use it for tta too.

I think there is one called ‘fertility calendar’, or ‘my calendar’. It’s not specifically for NFP, but you can enter your start and end cycle dates, and if you are trying to get pregnant or avoid pregnancy. It will tell you when you are ovulating and when you are not. Obviously a bit of guess work, but with a thermometer, you should get pretty accurate results.

EDIT: I mean, if used in conjunction with a thermometer, you should be able to plot your cycle fairly accurately.

The only reliable Sympto-Thermal Method of NFP app I have found so far for Android is Lady Cycle. Unlike other apps it got me correct predictions from the start when I checked with my earlier cycles.

I just found OvuView on Google Play. It's free for most things. Upgrading is $5 for premium features (which you may or may not need). We've not tried it yet, but we will soon. We'll let you know.

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sleekbit.ovuview&referrer=OV_REF_QU5sT0hRUEZ6eGVNTFFJUGFZVlhQTW9RSUg5dHJ5bWNKUT09

Does ovuview work for you?

I tried it as well before I found Lady Cycle but I was shocked that it contains so many natural family planning methods that my gynecologist considered NOT save at all.

And this even though the ovuview developers claimed that the methods were 99% save!

I've tried a few different apps for ipod touch and I just haven't been happy with them. I used Fertility friend website for years, but stopped a while ago. I'm using the Taking Charge of Your Fertility website (tcoyf.com) although I'm not currently using STM, I'm just using mucous signs (not sure if I'm doing Creighton exactly as I've never had training in it).

Couple to Couple league has put their Cycle Pro software online to use. Unfortunately, I cannot get them to answer the question of whether or not it is the old software which is based off of the previous text and thus records things differently, or if the software has been updated to match the text they currently use. They aren't very good about responding to e-mails on their contacts page. If they have indeed updated the software, it could be a great tool to have, but as of now, I have no way of knowing.

EDIT:

I just got off the phone with Couple to Couple league and they claim that their online software Cycle Pro Go, is based off of their most recent student guide, so everything should be the same for those who have taken their classes in the past two years since they started their Second Edition. There is a 90 day free trial for those who are interested.

ccli.org/

+Pax

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.