NFP Failures

My failures at NFP have caused an unwanted pregnancy (our third due in July).

My failures are causing my wife to doubt her faith, to resent me, and possibly, to resent the child growing in her.

Please pray for us, that her faith might be restored, that her trust in me may be restored (and justified), and that she would have peace and love our new child.

Please pray for me for more purity. And also that my wife’s cycles might become more regular. Please pray for my faith as well. I don’t know if our marriage would survive leaving the church.

God bless,
Ut

Praying very hard for your wife to accept this precious child.

May God grant you and your wife peace and joy and comfort, may you be provided the grace to love this child and the miracle of birth as the holy family loved Jesus in his name I pray, amen

You and your family are in my prayers, utunumsint.

Remember, this child is a gift God has given you, not a burden. Being blessed with a child is not a reason to doubt out faith but a way to more fully realize it. Our children are given to us so that we might get them to heaven some day- the same as you and your wife.

I am praying that you and your wife wil realize and recognize God’s plan for you and grow more fully in your love for Him and each other.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying for you and your wife and family

Holding you all in my prayers :gopray2:

My heart aches for you. It is difficult to be faithful to the Lord when your spouse does not see things the same way as you do. In my marriage it is my husband who has never quite been comfortable with NFP. After nineteen years of marriage, four children and many many prayers, he is finally coming to trust God more. I understand your pain, and I will remember you and your wife in my prayers. I think she, too, will come to trust more and it should eventually deepen her faith.

BTW - the Billings Method is not dependent on having regular cycles. I have irregular cycles and have been using the Billings method for years. I admit that any “Errors” were due to my throwing caution to the wind - or more accurately - trusting God’s judgment.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

My third, unexpected and (I thought) unwanted child turned out to be a special gift, a bright light shining in the world. She and her great grandmother had a most amazing love for each other.

She is in her late 30s now and the world and our family are much the better for having her in them.

Once I accepted that the life growing within me was meant to be I knew right away she was going to be a girl (this was almost 40 years ago remember–gender was still a complete surprise) and had a name picked out for her. I was in labor before we decided we needed to have a boy’s name just in case.

God bless you and your family.

Father, for the sake of Your Son, please grant healing to this marriage, and to this wif’e’s body, mind and spirit.
May Your will be done in their lives. Please grant them Your peace.

“Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible,
look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us,
that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence”…trust in Your love and mercy.

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Dear utunumsint,

As the years pass, you may come to see that what you now consider a failure was actually a huge success. I’m thinking of my own relatives here, and how much good a child can grow up to do … I am happy to witness such a thing myself.

Praying with a Bible verse from today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Mid-morning reading (Terce) Deuteronomy 1:31 ©
The Lord carried you, as a man carries his child, all along the road you travelled.

:angel1:

Dear OP,

Please do not think of your unborn baby as a NFP failure. A lot of posters try to be helpful and post their preferred method of NFP, but that does not mean you and your wife made an error. God has chosen to bless you even though it might not seem that way now.

You and your family are in my prayers.

Sincerely,

Maria1212

you and your wife are in my prayer

It is incredibly important spiritually for the parents and the child for every child to be welcomed with a blessing, not treated as a curse.

God bless this marriage we pray and free it from all grudges! May the child be a blessed! :slight_smile:

Holy Family, pray for these in need!

Ave Maria!

St. Michael, ora pro nobis.

Prayers!

closed #18

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.