NFP Spouse Refusal and Communion?

I have been all over the boards concerning NFP and spouses refusal. I am sorry if I am beating a dead horse but I did not see any response that dealt with Communion as well. My spouse and I were married in the church even though we weren’t fully participating Catholics, pretty young and ignorant to Church teachings. The past 7 years I have become active in the church and adhering to Church teachings as I uncover more truths( I don’t believe I was catechized accurately.) I feel a sense of guilt and loneliness since my conversion before my husband; especially since we are one. I desire nothing more then for him to grow in his faith and be of the same yoke. My husband, “non practicing catholic” uses contraceptives and is against NFP, I do not wish to use contraception, but am stuck in complicated situation. If understand the “Vade mecum for Confessors paragraph 13” correctly, I will not be in a state of mortal sin if I follow the 3 requirements. Does this mean I am allowed to participate in Eucharist as I had abstained in fear that I was not in Communion with the Church? I was told to abstain but I don’t think my adviser is aware of Vade mecum for Confessors paragraph 13. I am very confused about this and want to be in Communion with out Holy Church and Her laws. I do not want to depend on opinions especially my own.
Thank you kindly and Bless you all for your dedication and hard work in helping us understand His Truth!
Bambolina6

To summarize for others, let us list the 3 conditions under which the Church says that cooperation with a spouse who uses artificial birth control is licit:

This cooperation can be licit when the three following conditions are jointly met:

1. when the action of the cooperating spouse is not already illicit in itself;
  2. when proportionally grave reasons exist for cooperating in the sin of the other spouse;
  3. when one is seeking to help the other spouse to desist from such conduct (patiently, with prayer, charity and dialogue; although not necessarily in that moment, nor on every single occasion).

Essentially the spouse needs to not want to use artificial birth control, needs to attempt to defend his/her position, and reasonably convince the other spouse to change.

If those conditions are met then your cooperation is consider licit by the Church. Licit, in its strictest sense, means lawful. In the case of moral theology it would mean morally acceptable. Therefore there is no sin present in such a situation.

So the answer is yes, you may continue to receive communion since there is no sin on your part.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.