NFP Temp Taking Confusion

Hello all!

I gotta question.

I usually take my temps at 6am. Sometimes my daughter will wake up at 5am for a bottle. I will take my temp then. After she is done. I go back to sleep for 20-30 minutes til 6am and take my temp then. Which temp should I use on my chart?

Today, I woke up at 5am to feed her. My temp was 97.5. After I fell asleep for 20 minutes, it was 97.7.

I read somewhere that if there is a 30 minute difference, its ok. But I haven’t read anywhere about an hour difference.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Talk to your instructor.

The second temp would be invalid. You need at least 3 consecutive hours sleep before taking your temp. And, your movement while feeding the bottle elevated your temp.

The 5 a.m. temp is more reliable. You should probably start taking it consistently at 5 a.m. if you are having this problem frequently.

Honestly? I’d record both. A dot on each temp with a note on the time.

Unless you have serious issues with seeing a significant temperature rise after ovulation, 0.2 degrees is not going to make a huge difference.
Usually most sympto-thermal classes will teach a minimum of 0.4 degrees of constant elevation over the cover line in order to declare phase 3… so 0.2 degrees is still in the noise.

Just from my own personal experience.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.