Nice girls move to the end of the line?

This is sort of a sequel to the nice guys finish last thread. I’m not venting or complaining really just going by what I see and lately it does seem that a lot of men would rather get some and put up with being treated badly or used rather then dating a nice girl or person who would treat them better. Defies logic but there you go! Maybe I just know bad examples. Women let themselves be treated badly too…that I’ll never understand but to each his own. What do you think!

*I would like to think that single men strong in the faith, are not looking for those types, but would definitely wish to be with someone who treats them well, and isn't sleeping around. Are you finding this moreso with non Catholics? *

[quote="whatevergirl, post:2, topic:186604"]
*I would like to think that single men strong in the faith, are not looking for those types, but would definitely wish to be with someone who treats them well, and isn't sleeping around. Are you finding this moreso with non Catholics? *

[/quote]

Exactly. Like I said in the other thread

For me personally, I tend to not be pushy or assertive in dating, so guys tend to ignore me. I might joke about hog-tying a man, but I would never do that. I can be really shy around guys, and scared of rejection, so guys tend to see me as more of a friend or “buddy”. :confused: Plus, nice girls tend to dress in a more modest dress, not the flashy short skirts or low cut tops, or dance on bars. :slight_smile: Plus Daily Mass are not the best pick up spots. :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice girls, or quiet girls? Because there are a lot of nice girls who are very popular among the gentleman...

There are some of us quiet, nice girls that have more of the problem. I have found, and this is just my experience, guys get bored with me because I am not vivacious or particularly outgoing.
I am very nice( so I have been told...:rolleyes:) and intelligent, and I can hold a conversation...I am just not the life of the party. :shrug: Not that I mind really, I do not want someone who would want me that way. Just saying...;)

[quote="LilyElain, post:5, topic:186604"]
Nice girls, or quiet girls? Because there are a lot of nice girls who are very popular among the gentleman...

There are some of us quiet, nice girls that have more of the problem. I have found, and this is just my experience, guys get bored with me because I am not vivacious or particularly outgoing.
I am very nice( so I have been told...:rolleyes:) and intelligent, and I can hold a conversation...I am just not the life of the party. :shrug: Not that I mind really, I do not want someone who would want me that way. Just saying...;)

[/quote]

I'm the same way Lily. I can be outgoing if I feel comfortable. But in a group where I don't know people well, I clam up. My friends think it is funny. :rolleyes: But one on one, I warm up really quickly.

Oh me too! I prefer one on one conversations because of this. However I also like to host small gatherings of friends…again people I know though.

Not to derail the thread, I just think it has to do with introverted girls more than nice girls…:slight_smile:

[quote="LilyElain, post:7, topic:186604"]
Oh me too! I prefer one on one conversations because of this. However I also like to host small gatherings of friends...again people I know though.

Not to derail the thread, I just think it has to do with introverted girls more than nice girls...:)

[/quote]

I know some people I know think of a nice girl as a quiet girl. It all depends on what a person's definition and expectations are. I've seen where the more aggressive girls get more guys. And the less aggressive girls go home alone.

[quote="CountrySinger, post:8, topic:186604"]
I know some people I know think of a nice girl as a quiet girl. It all depends on what a person's definition and expectations are. I've seen where the more aggressive girls get more guys. And the less aggressive girls go home alone.

[/quote]

But what do you want though, quality or quantity? ;)

[quote="Havard, post:9, topic:186604"]
But what do you want though, quality or quantity? ;)

[/quote]

BOTH, lol. :p I want to be like Jay Leno and cars. Not really. I'd rather have quality.

Oooo, ooo pick me, pick me....:wave:

Quality! :heaven:

I think some people just don't want to be alone. I know some people (both guys and girls, catholic and not) in bad relationships but none want to leave because they don't like the idea of not being with someone.

Anyway... that being said...I definitely hope to find a nice girl. The last girl I dated (not too long ago, but for a short period of time) was a nice practicing Catholic and very pretty. Unfortunately, It didn't work out. I generally only go for the nice girls, I've never had any interest in other types because their values don't usually match well with mine and we aren't that compatible.

[quote="LilyElain, post:5, topic:186604"]

[/quote]

I do think being really quiet/shy around new people can hurt a girl's (and guy's) chances up front, but not after some time goes by and you are still seeing those people. I know if I meet a girl and she is super quiet despite my efforts to be friendly/social, I will struggle to keep the conversation going and I usually just think that she isn't really interested in talking with me.

[quote="LilyElain, post:11, topic:186604"]

Quality! :heaven:

[/quote]

You'll get no arguments from me!

[quote="Havard, post:13, topic:186604"]
You'll get no arguments from me!

[/quote]

:blushing:

From a guy’s perspective I’ll always take quality over quantity. I don’t end up dating girls all that often, but when I do, I know they are definitely a really good person. Ultimately, as long as you find the right person in the end, it doesn’t really matter too much if you find the right one without dating many people or if you date numerous people to get there. Everyone is different and one approach does not fit all.

I’m one who’ll look at the nice girls over the so-called bad girls. I can usually tell pretty soon if a girl is really datable or not for me because of how they act, what they say, etc. and in so doing I can tell if their qualities match-up with what I am looking for.

I can also understand how people would want to be in bad relationships rather than being alone. I know people who do stuff like this and it’s unfortunate. As much as being single can be hard I know it’s better to be single than in a bad relationship. I would rather pass-over a girl with whom I know things won’t work than go through all the steps and get hurt :thumbsup:

Most guys are annoyed when girls talk and talk and talk... guess what, so are we! I for one make an effort not to talk so much so I don't appear to be another sally rally (not that I look like one, far from it actually). I don't remember who said it first, but guys tend to notice girls with short skirts and low tops rather than the chick with the zeppelin shirt and jeans (personal reference :(). It's alright though, most of those guys are jerks anyway. Do guys really rate girls on hair color? Are blonde's really that much better? I don't resent blonde's or anything, but I'm curious if that's true.

Granted, this was in Cosmo (so not a Catholic magazine, but I don’t see any religious magazines aimed at single women, wait, what was I talking about?), men prefer blondes because they are rarer than the other hair colors. I’m a dark brunette, and I resent that finding. I get compliments on my hair. :slight_smile:

Blonde hair also has the feeling of being carefree and lighthearded.

In the spirit of SAD day: (I couldn’t resist) :stuck_out_tongue:

All the single ladies (7xs)
Now put your hands up

(2x’s)Wuh Uh Oh Uh Uh Oh Uh Oh Oh Uh Uh Oh

Wuh Uh Oh

(Chorus)
Cause if you liked it then you should have put a ring on it
If you liked it then you should have put a ring on it
Don’t be mad once you see that he want it

~Beyonce Knowles

[quote="dakotagirl, post:19, topic:186604"]
Blonde hair also has the feeling of being carefree and lighthearded.

In the spirit of SAD day: (I couldn't resist) :p

All the single ladies (7xs)
Now put your hands up

(2x's)Wuh Uh Oh Uh Uh Oh Uh Oh Oh Uh Uh Oh

Wuh Uh Oh

(Chorus)
Cause if you liked it then you should have put a ring on it
Don't be mad once you see that he want it

~Beyonce Knowles

[/quote]

Anytime I hear that song, I think of Kurt from "Glee" dancing to it. :D

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.