Nigerian medical authorities are flying in 100 doses of an antidote to try and stem the deaths of babies poisoned by a contaminated teething syrup.
The number of children who have died from kidney failure after being given the tainted paracetamol-based remedy called “My Pikin” has risen to 34.
Authorities say the number of sick children may rise, as not all parents have access to medical services.
The children died after drinking the baby-teething mixture contaminated with diethylene glycol, a toxic substance normally used in engine coolant.
Anti-freeze in children’s medicine - my first thought was that it was another China related poisoning, but apparently it is made in Nigeria.