Nigeria: Family Escapes Deadly Ambush, Shielded by God

As they were traveling by car and began praying as a family, there were shots and suddenly “men with machine guns and machetes were beside our car pulling at the doors.” But this story is a story of how God protected them, in spite of a hail of bullets.
see indcatholicnews.com/news.php?viewStory=30545

“I asked my wife and children to get down to the floor, I lowered myself to the steering level, just low enough to see, and drove straight ahead. The gunman opened fire as I drove straight towards him and jumped out of the way. I heard shots from the right hand side and from behind. I could hear my wife saying ‘Jesus’, ‘Jesus’, ‘Jesus’.”…

"When we got into Minna, I stopped the car to check for damage: we figured the car would be riddled with bullet holes - but there was not a scratch. We could not believe our eyes. “All we could do was thank God for shielding us with his divine power. We just kept saying ‘thank you Jesus’, ‘thank you God’. I turned to my children and reminded them of what I had said earlier - God was with us.”

God is mighty!

I would hate to say this family was “shielded by God” since I’m sure many other other Christians in similar circumstances also prayed and wound up being killed.
Maybe the attackers were bad shots, maybe Mr Ogbu was good at evasive driving or just lucky.

[FONT=Arial]I have seen something else under the sun: The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favor to the learned; but time and chance happen to them all.
Ecclesiastes 9:11
[/FONT]

Perhaps. But we should be open to the idea of God’s present activity and miracles (which is part of being a Christian in some capacity). If it was His will, then perhaps it did happen. Remember, life is His to give and His to take. :shrug:

The power of prayer! Praise God!

I believe with God’s grace this family could have come through without a scratch. God is able to work as he sees fit. Perhaps he has a plan for this family… and for the other families too… who prayed… He was ready to hold them in the palms of his hands… much to their awe. For a believer the worst thing is not death in this life, but not doing the will of God while we are here…

God did not want them to die in that way.
Everything happens according to His Will

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.