Nigeria, West Africa: "Court sentences killers of Benue Catholic priest, Fr. John Adeyi to death by hanging."

The kidnappers demanded a ransom for the priest’s return. After the ransom was paid, the kidnappers didn’t free him. They had murdered him. His skeleton was found two months later.

His mother “said as she wept: Since I heard of his kidnapping over two months ago, I had been praying fervently for his safe return but, unfortunately, I heard yesterday that my son has been killed. Fr. John had no problems with anybody, he served God and humanity with all his being, soul, spirit and body. He didn’t deserve the treatment they meted to him as a servant of God.” -from the newspaper, “Vanguard”

May God rest His good servant’s soul.

Prayer for Prisoners

Father of Mercy, the secrets of all hearts are known to you alone. You know who is just and you forgive the unjust. You alone are the Almighty Judge. We are not worthy of judging anyone. Your mercy is enough for sinners. Hear our prayers for those in prison. Give them repentance and let them believe in you. Give them patience and hope in their sufferings, and bring them home again soon. Comfort their near and dear ones. Let them trust in Jesus Christ and live with hope. Amen

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.