Nigerian bishop charges US forced liberal sexual agenda as price for aid against terrorists [CC]

A Nigerian bishop has charged that American policy-makers would not provide help against Boko Haram terrorists unless the African country accepted birth control and homosexuality.

More…

Hopegully this will change under president trump.

That’s terrible. Does the US government apply similar leverage with Muslim countries to get them to treat women, minorities and gays better?

I am glad this is coming to light! When I tell people this they act like I’m a conspiracy theorist. This is the kind of stuff I am hopeful can change under a Trump administration.

As I said in the other thread on this topic, I think Bishop Badejo is mistaken about US policy. How would he even know what talks there have been between the US and the Nigerian government? Perhaps he was misinformed by someone trying to drive a wedge between Nigeria and the US. When something sounds to crazy to be true, it usually isn’t true.

Pope Francis has spoken out against this practice several times as well. Hopefully this practice will end with the incoming administration.

This is old news, the original article, linked in the above article, is dated Feb. 2015. The US is also pushing this agenda in Latin America. The bishops in Mexico were very vocal against

pagadiandiocese.org/2016/09/12/over-1-million-mexicans-protest-same-sex-marriage/

Probably not!

Almost half the population of Nigeria is Muslim, and some parts of it even enforce Sharia Law. I wouldn’t really call it a Christian country.

All in all though, general tolerance/acceptance of homosexuality and SSM seems to originate from the US, whether its official policy or just pop culture…IMO, that is a very bad thing. The US really does seem to be the modern day Babylon.

I would say Europe was ahead of us when it comes to tolerance of homosexuality and same sex marriage. we followed along eventually.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recognition_of_same-sex_unions_in_Europe

So according to Wikipedia 13 of the 50 countries in Europe recognize SSM…the US is only 1 country so it can’t be compared to Europe…so 1 country (US) has SSM…13 countries (EUROPE) have SSM…hardly a reason to call the US modern day Babylon

The way Nigeria treats LGBT people in abhorrent. I would hope at least you could condemn their treatment of these people. This isn’t really just a matter of accepting homosexuality so much as it is a case of not killing them.

Some news does go back a ways.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2628549/Benghazi-II-Hillary-Clintons-State-Department-ignored-Boko-Haram-terror-groups-2012-threat-murder-U-S-ambassador-Nigeria.html <*** Hillary Clinton’s State Department refused to classify Boko Haram as a ‘terror group’ (5/15/2014)

Read more: dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2628549/Benghazi-II-Hillary-Clintons-State-Department-ignored-Boko-Haram-terror-groups-2012-threat-murder-U-S-ambassador-Nigeria.html#ixzz4QLBfedJs

But this one is a newer update per the dateline.

catholicculture.org/news/headlines/index.cfm?storyid=29953

November 16, 2016

A Nigerian bishop has charged that American policy-makers would not provide help against Boko Haram terrorists unless the African country accepted birth control and homosexuality.

“There has been an inordinate alarm about the exploding populations in Africa,” said Bishop Emmanuel Badejo of Oyo, in a conversation with the Aleteia site. He charged the US with “ideological colonization,” and explained:

The United States actually said it would help Nigeria with Boko Haram only if we modify our laws concerning homosexuality, family planning, and birth control. It’s very clear that a cultural imperialism exists.

Going back to the days of the 1994 United Nations Conference on Population and Development, in Cairo, Egypt, September 5-13, 1994:

clintonmemoriallibrary.com/policies/population-control/

Pope John Paul II, joined by leaders of many Muslim groups, severely criticized the conference organizers, saying they undermined family values and sought to promote an international right to abortion.

catholicnewsagency.com/news/hillary_clinton_attempts_to_redefine_u.n._agreement_by_adding_abortion_experts_charge/ < ***Hillary Clinton attempts to redefine U.N. agreement by adding abortion … ***

(Mrs. Clinton and the Obama Administration) “ … are going to throw the full force of the U.S. government behind getting Catholic Countries to change their laws on abortion.”

***-- Austin Ruse, president of the Catholic Family and Human Rights Institute (C-FAM), Washington D.C., Jan 15, 2010 / 05:14 am ***

And strings upon US or UN “help” to needy nations is not that new. :nope:

IDK about that, with Hollywood and the media in the US…but then again, Ive not seen much media from the UK, so I do not know how they are.

I do not think LGBT people should be killed or harmed in anyway though, but its not right to make it seem OK or acceptable to be this way either, its not normal, its been designated a mental disorder and thats what it is period. Ive never heard anyone trying to justify acceptance of other mental disorders, claiming them to be OK or acceptable, I mean, what if we started telling schizophrenics everything they were seeing was true and they should just accept that as fact, they were just born this way, nothing wrong with it, should not be any ‘treatment’ for it, etc.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.