Nina totenberg apologizes for saying "Christmas"

Disgusting. I’m starting to agree with de-funding NPR. I think we should all send Mrs (Ms?) totenberg Christmas cards…

realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/12/20/nprs_nina_totenberg_apologizes_for_saying_christmas.html

Stupid is as stupid does!

[quote="social, post:1, topic:223306"]
Disgusting. I'm starting to agree with de-funding NPR. I think we should all send Mrs (Ms?) totenberg Christmas cards....

realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/12/20/nprs_nina_totenberg_apologizes_for_saying_christmas.html

[/quote]

I don't quite think that viewers of the Show would all of a sudden Bombard The Show with Mail decrying the fact that she said "Christmas." :rolleyes:

Typical Liberal Over-Paranoia about offending ANYBODY.

“And I was at – forgive the expression – a Christmas party…”

OK, you’re forgiven. But next time, please just go to a Holiday Party.

And why is the Pentagon having Christmas parties?
:smiley:

Poor silly gal. I imagine she is a card carryng member of the no-labels political party where members believe passionately in nothing.

It's a sad day in America when we have to apologize for saying the word Christmas.

what else would you expect from a liberal journalist who waxed poetically about the **grandkids **a politican she didn't like getting AIDS.

Nina Totenberg on Senator Jesse Helms; "I think he ought to be worried about what’s going on in the Good Lord’s mind, because if there is retributive justice, he’ll get AIDS from a transfusion, or one of his grandchildren will."

quotesstar.com/quotes/o/on-senator-jesse-helms-174554.html

[quote="ronnie_bonigli, post:7, topic:223306"]
what else would you expect from a liberal journalist who waxed poetically about the **grandkids **a politican she didn't like getting AIDS.

Nina Totenberg on Senator Jesse Helms; "I think he ought to be worried about what’s going on in the Good Lord’s mind, because if there is retributive justice, he’ll get AIDS from a transfusion, or one of his grandchildren will."

quotesstar.com/quotes/o/on-senator-jesse-helms-174554.html

[/quote]

Yes, she really is one of America's sweethearts. There are other things she needs to apologize for... saying the word "Christmas" is not one of them.

Wow. Before you all go getting your knickers in a bunch over this alleged apology, please read this from the Washington Post clarifying what Ms. Totenberg really meant:

voices.washingtonpost.com/reliable-source/2010/12/rs-_nina_totenberg.html

She was actually mocking the Department of Justice's use of the term "holiday party." When she said "excuse the expression," it was to subtly tell the Justice Department that of course it was a Christmas party, and it was silly to assume it wasn't.

For the record, I happen to think Nina Totenberg is a first-rate journalist, and it's not right to drag her into the stupid "Christmas war" we seem to have every year.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

"As for the bloggers who were so quick to judge -- without bothering to ask her what she meant: "Jeesh, these folks need a life -- and perhaps a touch of the Christmas spirit, as well."

That about covers it.

[quote="agnes_therese, post:10, topic:223306"]
"As for the bloggers who were so quick to judge -- without bothering to ask her what she meant: "Jeesh, these folks need a life -- and perhaps a touch of the Christmas spirit, as well."

That about covers it.

[/quote]

Ok, it was an overreaction. She 's on the "mainstream, correct side" on THIS One.

For the most part, though, Totenberg IS part of the Condescending, Secular Elite. The Helms comments are just a Small part of that Elitism. :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.