Nine months pregnant and had a stroke

My wife talked to one of our neighbors earlier today and the neighbor told my wife that her sister, who was nine months pregnant, recently had a stroke and was basically incapacitated by it – she can only move her hands slightly and that’s it – no speech or anything. Fortunately, they were able to save the baby with an emergency C-section. The couple also has a five year old daughter.

The neighbor’s sister is in bad shape so I am asking everyone here to please pray for her recovery.

I’m so sorry to hear this. The family will be in my prayers tonight!

Thank you – yes, it’s a very sad situation and I pray she recovers.

She is in my prayers.

With prayers for her and her family. - Joe

My prayers for her - Blessed Mother watch over her.

I will say prayers for her and her family. My husband had a stroke 4 years ago. He lost all speech, but with therapy it all returned. He is completely recovered and he has been able to return to his work also. I know he is one of the lucky ones. When a young person has a stroke it is often caused by a hole in the heart that is supposed to have closed up at birth. Usually it never causes problems, but with some people they throw a clot through the hole and it goes to the brain. Depending on where the clot hits, that is where you get the damage. 20% of us have a hole, that may go undected our entire lives. The only way to tell is to do a bubble echocardiogram. That would never be done on a healthy person. So one thing we can all do is to take on 81mg. dose of aspirin per day. I hae done that since my husband’s stroke.

Sorry about this post. I just couldn’t pass up the opportunity to share a good outcome. I pray that her outcome is similar.

No apologies necessary – that is useful information and it’s encouraging to hear that good news is possible here. I may start the aspirin thing myself.

I’ll pray for her and her family. :gopray:

Praying for both

Praying for them all.

I’m praying for her full recovery and for the family to be at peace.

May the love of the Holy Family watch over all of them and bring health back to the mother, give strength to the father/husband, and allow the love of family and friends to support this young family at their time of need. Amen.

So sorry to hear this, praying for her full recovery!

Amen!!:byzsoc:

Will offer the mother and her sweet child up to our Lord in Adoration today.

:signofcross:

Thanks for you prayers.

I ran into our neighbor this morning while walking my dogs and it sounds like her sister is still in bad shape, though it sounds like some optional surgery may have ended up saving her life and she continues to move her hands and scribble – it sounds like her brain is functioning intellectually (she is able to try to write) but it is still severely debilitated and she cannot speak or move anything but her hands.

Such a sad situation.

Please continue to pray. The woman’s name is Carla.

Thank you.

Divine Physician,

Please lay Your Tender Healing Hands upon this mother and child. Heal her, we humbly beseech thee, of whatever it is she must be healed. Let her feel not a moment of anxiety or abandon, but rather the peace and joy of Your Loving Presence.

Through the glorious intercession of Blessed Mary, Ever-Virgin, we ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, Your Son, our Lord, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Amen.

Just bumping this. No new news but I am sure they can still use the prayers.

Small update – some good news: some progress has been made here :slight_smile:

Not much but she can now move her hands.

I’d like to bump this and ask that those who can to please continue some prayers for this poor woman and her family (she has a husband and a 5 year old daughter.)

Thank you and God bless.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.