Nintendo fanboys

Seriously, these people need to get off their high horse. They think they are better then God himself because they have Mario, Zelda, Metroid and Pokemon.

Irony alert.

Care to bring something substantive to this argument? Here, allow me to engage in some:

• Super Mario Bros. 1 saved the console video game industry

• Super Mario Bros. 3 pushed the boundaries of the available technology.

• Super Mario World revolutionized platform gaming, ushering the next era (the 16-Bit era). It was also pillar for Nintendo in the First Console Wars. This is the first instance of a franchise making the jump from one era to another, smashing the “polygon barrier”.

• Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island again pushed the boundaries of the available technology.

• Super Mario 64 revolutionized 3D platformers. All 3D platformers must pay homage to Mario 64, no questions allowed. Period. The game has aged gracefully, I may add. ALL of the above titles aged gracefully.

• Super Mario Galaxy was a logical evolution of the franchise.

This is just ONE franchise. You can sat the following as well:

• Zelda 1 set the standard for Action RPG’s.

• Link to the Past is one the greatest games ever, and like Super Mario World revolutionized things.

• Ocarina of Time did for RPG’s what Mario 64 did for platformers.

• Skyward Sword set a new standard for motion controls.

I could go on, really.

Did Mario do something unsavory in your cornflakes this morning? :rolleyes:

haha, Melchior, that was awesome. And so was Zelda. :slight_smile:

I really can’t stand people who look down on other people because they enjoy video games on occasion. Really, get off your high horse and realize that just because you don’t enjoy Mario, Zelda, Metroid or Pokemon doesn’t mean you are better than other people. Not talking about the OP per se. Just venting…

Metroid is the game that caused a lot of fanboys pause and say: “Wait…Samus is a girl?!” :smiley:

PC gaming would have survived without Nintendo. Also, if Nintendo had no competition whatsoever, it would lead to another video game crash. By buying non-Nintendo systems, your helping to keep gaming alive.

Nintendo did not have any serious competition in the handheld market for the longest while, and continued to churn out quality games/systems.

I repeat what I said; Mario 64 trumps all arguments; any 3D platformer ont he PC owes Mario 64 a debt of thanks.

So, Atari, Sega, Playstation, Xbox, PC and video arcades do not matter and did nothing for gaming.

Absolutely true. Possession of the best video games ever only puts one midway through the angel hierarchy, nowhere near God himself.

Now people with those games based on movies, they need help. Probably still above the demons, but not doing so well.

I’m guessing you play PS3.

LOL

I play various systems, (unlike Nintendo fanboys) Wii is not even in my top 10 game systems.

Ah, video games. Personally I currently avoid them because I tend to get carried away with them, but the memories coming back now :thumbsup:

So which is the best of all the Mario, Zelda, Metroid, and Pokemon games?

I have by no means played all of them (I have played none of Pokemon)

but my tentative top 5 is:

1. Super Metriod (SNES)

2. Metroid Prime (GameCube)

3. Mario 64 (Nintendo 64)

4. Zelda Windwaker (GameCube) (Although I have not played it all the way through so perhaps I shouldn’t list it)

5.Mario 3 (SNES)

My most overrated is:

ZELDA: OCARINA OF TIME! Don’t get me wrong, It is very good. But it is far from being a best ever type of game like many reviewers and game players proclaim it.

Oops I meant Mario 3 for the NES not SNES :o

I can think of, like, 20 fanbases with more obnoxious online fans than Nintendo. What is it about you, fantasy_forever, that makes you particularly sensitive to this one?

Most of you read this wrong. Just because someone owns a Nintendo console(s), does not that person the right to act like they are better then God himself.

Being beaten up by Nintendo fanboys certainly didn’t help my image of Nintendo.

What makes you think you are better than Nintendo fans?

Nintendo fanboys who hate all non-Nintendo systems tick me off.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.