Nintendo VS Playstation VS Xbox VS PC

Which one is the best? (no hatefull comments please)

There is no best. My kids have a Wii and a Xbox. They also play some games on the PC. Some games are better in one than in others. Start with the games you want to play and work back to the system that will play them best.

I have a decent pc an Xbox 360 and would like a PS3 and Wii some day.

But if it came to only one I'd say pc for the simple fact that there are PC games that will never come out for any console and any console game worth playing is almost always ported to a pc version

I can't choose :(

I own a PC, an Xbox and a Nintendo DS. At my parent's house there is also a Wii and a PS3. My boyfriend also has a PS3.

I love playing the Sims3 on the PC - that will never work on console. I love playing multiplayer online games on Xbox, and I find that console games tend to be more "immersive" - you have the benefit of playing them on a bigger screen and the majority of console games, while they are also released for PC, are designed to be played on Xbox. My Nintendo DS is cute and a must-have when I'm making long journeys, or am ill in bed and but still want entertainment, or when I'm in the mood to play something casual.

It really depends on what you are looking to get out of the system.

Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 both have HD graphics; the Wii does not.

Wii is probably better for a family or casual gamer. It has many laid-back "fun" titles.

Xbox or PS are better for someone who is a hardcore gamer or who likes more serious (and many times more adult) games.

Xbox and PS also have good online gaming communities. If you enjoy playing games online I'd recommend one of these.

I own both an Xbox and a Wii and like them for these different reasons.

Admittedly I'm a playstation fanboy so I'd go for a PS3. The games are awesome, but most are mature games so if you're buying for your kids, get a Wii instead. Not that there are no good kids games on the PS3 but its a temptation to get the mature games.

There are other gaming consoles besides Nintendo? :confused: ;)

My vote goes for Nintendo. Ever since my brothers and I used our paper route money to buy the NES back in 1987, there has been no other. Atari was cool, and we also had an Adam computer, but the NES blew them away.

It simultaneously amuses and irritates me that so many younger gamers seem to think that Nintendo isn't for "hardcore" gamers, as though hardcore gamers by definition must have an affinity for HD graphics and M-rated games. I've been gaming for almost 30 years. I've never owned a Mario, Zelda or Donkey Kong game that I didn't complete 100% (and without recourse to online walkthroughs and strategy guides :p). So don't talk to me about hardcore! :p :D ;)

So, yes, I guess I'm a Nintendo "fanboy". :o I don't have the money or shelf space to own multiple consoles in a given generation. So I stick with the one that has never let me down. :love:

Playstation.

I don't care what any of yous say. None of you can take me apart from the line that gave me my first video game console!!! >w<

I have a PS2 and am actually thinking of trading it in for PS3. I am also almost never seen without my trusty PSP. It serves not only as my gaming device but also my mp3 player and movie viewer (Apple can just go bite itself XP).

I don't say this because I believe this line is better than the other. I say this out of sheer LOYALTY!!!! XD

That and I just find more J-RPGs available to the Playstation systems compared to other platforms. Sony is a Japanese company after all. :o

Besides, I've read about many complaints regarding the XBOX and its tendency to break. As for the Wii well... let's just say my nerves and reflexes get enough of a workout without having my arms flailing about. >_>;;

P.S.

I wouldn't actually consider a PC just a gaming platform so it's actually just a tad bit unfair to compare it to other consoles. If you're a major computer techie, you can virtually upgrade your unit in ways not possible with a console.

That's not even considering how computers are the ones that create the video games we play on our consoles. Furthermore, games aren't even the only thing you could do with a computer. Sure there are gaming PCs but that's not exactly gonna stop me from installing Microsoft Word and doing my homework on them. :p

[quote="Joe_5859, post:7, topic:228496"]
There are other gaming consoles besides Nintendo? :confused: ;)

My vote goes for Nintendo. Ever since my brothers and I used our paper route money to buy the NES back in 1987, there has been no other. Atari was cool, and we also had an Adam computer, but the NES blew them away.

It simultaneously amuses and irritates me that so many younger gamers seem to think that Nintendo isn't for "hardcore" gamers, as though hardcore gamers by definition must have an affinity for HD graphics and M-rated games.

[/quote]

I'm definitely not in the demographic of "younger gamers." Judging by your paper route story your are probably only a few years older than I am.

I guess hardcore was a poor choice of words on my part. I meant to imply that Xbox and PS get more of the major titles than nintendo does.

I do enjoy my Wii for what it is. New Super Mario Bros. Wii is one of my favorite games of the past few years and brings me back to my childhood. Donkey Kong Country Returns is also fantastic!

I'm an Xbox fan. It's been my favorite brand since the original Xbox came out in 2001. The current Xbox 360, in addition to being the best game system (due to having the best exclusive games and best versions of most multiplatform games) is also the best media hub. Xbox Live blows away the Playstation Network in terms of features, use and visual appeal. You can actually read the text without having to sit right in front of the TV. The Kinect addon is also a very fun device that is targeted at the Wii crowd. I didn't like the Wii because of the controls. It still seemed too limited. Kinect takes the idea of motion control and runs away with it.

Xbox 360 is definitely my primary gaming solution. I have a Wii as well, but it hasn't been plugged in for over 6 months. Eventually I'll get back to it and finish Mario Galaxy, but motion controls just never feel quite right to me. Plus, I love a good FPS, and motion controls really don't do it for me in that realm.

I also enjoy some PC games, though I rarely feel like booting in to Windows, so OSX compatibility is generally required.

I spend a surprising amount of time playing iPhone games as well. Count me among the devoted Angry Birds players, as well as Plants vs. Zombies, Infinity Blade, and many more.

Once the price drops on the Nintendo 3DS I'll almost certainly buy one, if only to play through Ocarina of Time with the new textures and in 3D.

Didn't vote. If your a true gamer, you'll own them all! ;)

Seriously. We have a Wii, Xbox, PS3, DS and computers. I enjoy them all, as well as does most of the family. Each is good in their own right, although I admit, it cycles as far as usage.

We use the Wii for the obvious nostalgic, family type games. The PS3 gets used primarily for it's Blu Ray capabilities, and exclusive titles such as Uncharted, Kill Zone etc. The 360 gets used also for exclusives, and also for games that are multi platform. If I have a choice, I buy the game for the Xbox, only because I prefer the controller, as well as Xbox Live.

I stopped gaming on PC's, at least heavily, quite a few years back, as I got tired of paying as much for video card upgrades, as I did for an entire console. Also, the fact that our household is now 100% Mac, makes things less available as well.

In the end, buy them all. :D

[quote="Lost_Wanderer, post:8, topic:228496"]
Playstation.

I don't care what any of yous say. None of you can take me apart from the line that gave me my first video game console!!! >w<

I have a PS2 and am actually thinking of trading it in for PS3. I am also almost never seen without my trusty PSP. It serves not only as my gaming device but also my mp3 player and movie viewer (Apple can just go bite itself XP).

I don't say this because I believe this line is better than the other. I say this out of sheer LOYALTY!!!! XD

That and I just find more J-RPGs available to the Playstation systems compared to other platforms. Sony is a Japanese company after all. :o

Besides, I've read about many complaints regarding the XBOX and its tendency to break. As for the Wii well... let's just say my nerves and reflexes get enough of a workout without having my arms flailing about. >_>;;

P.S.

I wouldn't actually consider a PC just a gaming platform so it's actually just a tad bit unfair to compare it to other consoles. If you're a major computer techie, you can virtually upgrade your unit in ways not possible with a console.

That's not even considering how computers are the ones that create the video games we play on our consoles. Furthermore, games aren't even the only thing you could do with a computer. Sure there are gaming PCs but that's not exactly gonna stop me from installing Microsoft Word and doing my homework on them. :p

[/quote]

Ah yes the ever beloved red ring of death. I've had two Xbox 360s do it. Fortunately they were under warranty and so I got replacements but it is irksome. I also have a first generation PS3, the more clunky looking one with the 40gb hard drive. I didn't buy that new though, an ex-boss sold it to me a a knock down price as they were desperate for cash. I'd probably buy as PS3 if buying from new again as I like the fact I can watch free digital TV on my PS3 via BBC's iplayer service and others and browse the internet and in the UK you can have thousands of free music videos running on it as well via Vidzone. I had the Xbox 360 from when they were new though and have built up quite a few games on it so it would be costly to replace all those again. I still haven't finished playing half of them properly either. I find though that both systems have their pluses and minuses in general use. I used to game on a PC years ago but keeping up with constant graphics cards upgrades etc. got rather silly. This PC I use for here is 6 years old but it does everything I want and I've kept it going by adding more ram to it and bigger hard drives now and then. The only PC game I have on here I intend on working through again is Vampire the Masquerade:Bloodlines. I suspect Lost Wanderer may have heard of or played that one. I agree btw that Xbox live is a great deal easier to use in some respects than the Playstation equivalent and that even on a HD TV the text on the Playstation equivalent is eye-straining at times. I too had an original Xbox which is still living after 8 years or so.

I'm not much of a fan of mobile gaming. I've only ever owned a Game Boy Advance

[quote="Lost_Wanderer, post:8, topic:228496"]
Playstation.

[/quote]

:p

I still think of Playstation as the new kid on the block. I already extensively played two Nintendo consoles before Sony came on the scene. :D

I guess I'm just getting old. :o

[quote="freethinker83, post:9, topic:228496"]
I'm definitely not in the demographic of "younger gamers." Judging by your paper route story your are probably only a few years older than I am.

I guess hardcore was a poor choice of words on my part. I meant to imply that Xbox and PS get more of the major titles than nintendo does.

I do enjoy my Wii for what it is. New Super Mario Bros. Wii is one of my favorite games of the past few years and brings me back to my childhood. Donkey Kong Country Returns is also fantastic!

[/quote]

Oh sorry, I wasn't thinking of your post when I made the quip about "hardcore gamers". I was thinking of comments I've seen in Amazon reviews and the like. I know you didn't mean it like that.

It's just a gripe I've been carrying around with me for a while and this thread offered me the opportunity to air it. :p

Refering to a point rotlex and I have both raised the cost of video card upgrades does indeed get absurd after a time doing PC gaming. The plus was that PC games could be modded and so forth. For example games like Morrowind etc. could be made to last almost forever that way. The minus was definitely paying sometime huge amounts for a graphics card that would be out of date again in six months or a year.Although it felt nice to be able to run everything at max resolution with highest settings it sometimes meant you ended up focusing more on that then the question of is the game well written and involving and coherently put together.

[quote="logic_oriented, post:11, topic:228496"]
Eventually I'll get back to it and finish Mario Galaxy...

[/quote]

Mario Galaxy 2 is even better! :)

[quote="Joe_5859, post:17, topic:228496"]
Mario Galaxy 2 is even better! :)

[/quote]

Heh, so I've read. I keep looking for it used every time I'm in a game store, but I've yet to find it. I know I could get it online easily, but I won't be playing it until I finish a few other games anyway (Just Cause 2 on Xbox is eating all my time at the moment), and my girlfriend wants to finish Okami before she tackles something else.

[quote="logic_oriented, post:18, topic:228496"]
Heh, so I've read. I keep looking for it used every time I'm in a game store, but I've yet to find it. I know I could get it online easily, but I won't be playing it until I finish a few other games anyway (Just Cause 2 on Xbox is eating all my time at the moment), and my girlfriend wants to finish Okami before she tackles something else.

[/quote]

Is Just Cause 2 any good in your opinion as a sandbox type game? I've had a look at it a few times and considered getting it.

[quote="logic_oriented, post:18, topic:228496"]

[/quote]

Yes, there's just not enough time to play them all. :)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.