No babies please, we're German-Germans have stopped having children

No wonder their economic is not growing. Europe too!

yahoo.com/_ylh=X3oDMTB2MXQ5MTU3BF9TAzI3MTYxNDkEdGVzdAMwBHRtcGwDaW5kZXgtaWU-/s/240324

such liberals will die out themselves. no effort needed except preventing them from infecting others

Good thing our Pope’s parents went against this trend :slight_smile:

They will reap what they sowed…

“Working mothers complain that all too often they are seen as “Rabenmutter”, which translates as “cruel mothers” – women who dump their kids in childcare so they can pursue their personal goals.”

Well, maybe they should stop treating children as obstacles.

Here’s something else: motherhood is a career!

Fatherhood is also career…or better yet a vocation. As a stay at home father (and a writer when time allows) I have first hand knowledge of what it is like to be a stay-at-home parent (we have five kids). Many people do not understand that to have children is to cooperate with God.

My understanding is Italy is even worse.
A great quote about this is "in 30 years Italy will be a Catholic Theme Park "

[quote=abcdefg]such liberals will die out themselves.
[/quote]

Where in the article does it refer to liberals? It speaks only of Germans.

That’s liberal ideology. The article doesn’t say it, but that kind of modern thinking is liberal in nature. We see it in Japan and Western Europe. Depopulation is bad for society and economy. Anyhow, my parents’ friend who is a very conservative Catholic managed to have seven children and still moved up the corporate world and tired as president for Exxon Mobil. Who says you can’t balance family life with work or career? I guess God will lookout for those who are faithful to Him like Abraham.

[quote=MugenOne]Anyhow, my parents’ friend who is a very conservative Catholic managed to have seven children and still moved up the corporate world and tired as president for Exxon Mobil. Who says you can’t balance family life with work or career?
[/quote]

Are you seriously trying to hold that individual up as an example? How many people on earth achieve such worldly success?

[quote=Richardols]Are you seriously trying to hold that individual up as an example? How many people on earth achieve such worldly success?
[/quote]

The issue isn’t that not many people can do it, the issue is that it is possible. I also think that people loose sight that the “easy” way to do something isn’t always the best way in the long term. The easy way to have a double income is to have no kids. The easy way to move up the corporate ladder is not not have kids pulling time away from your life. This does not mean it is the best for you overall or the best way for mankind.

[quote=yochumjy]The issue isn’t that not many people can do it, the issue is that it is possible.
[/quote]

True enough, but such rarified air possibilities don’t mean much.

[quote=Richardols]Where in the article does it refer to liberals? It speaks only of Germans.
[/quote]

Do you think a conservative family can have no children?

Not on purpose. Only by accident or misfortune.

Since I have family & friends in Europe & go there at least once a year, I have to say that I take all this de-population talk with a grain of salt. My family is in Italy & people generally seem to have the same number of children that we do here: that is, a lot of people have one child while some have more. I’m not saying that there is no reason for concern at all, but rather that the degree of concern isn’t necessarily warranted.

Families are smaller here too, but everyone seems to be concerned about Europe. It’s like all the dire warnings of overpopulation that were common in my youth (and it wasn’t that long ago! :wink: ) and seemed to have been proven over-rated and often downright mistaken. The other thing to remember is that the great civilizations of Europe grew in places that had much smaller numbers of people than exist today, not to mention other factors that affected population such as epidemic disease, high infant mortality, no medical science to speak of, etc.

Germany was militarily and politically occupied for 50 yrs. Germans have endured the same psychological assault and forced ‘multiculturalism’ endured by the rest of Europe’s Christian people.

Compare their situation with a country that benefitted from WW2, Israel. In Israel there is no problem with national identity, virtually no media persecution of their state religion, and no forced multiculturalism.

The tyrants that grip the reins in ‘free and democratic’ Europe will likely use these statistics to import more Muslim Turks into Germany, all the while ramping up the hate against Islam to help their war.

[quote=judicame] and no forced multiculturalism.
[/quote]

Your right!!! They built a bloody big wall to keep all the Palestinians out.

[quote=walstan]Your right!!! They built a bloody big wall to keep all the Palestinians out.
[/quote]

http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~sandhu/b/wall.jpg

I guess 'diversity’ is for the other fellaheen. :wink:

[quote=Richardols]True enough, but such rarified air possibilities don’t mean much.
[/quote]

Isn’t that what dreams are built on. For that person who dreams of having a high power career and family, irregardless of how high they want to go, would give them hope. That someone can have a family and be highly technical, highly paid, etc. I could give you a ton of names from my workplace; people who have families, are comfortably off and are highly technically motivated. People can discount those also, if they want to go higher on the food chain in a corporation. If you can prove that you CAN go to the top of a large corporation with a family, how much easier is it to get to your (normally lower) goals in life? Why discount an accomplishment? Are you justifying all those who think career and family are incompatible?

The average birth-rate here in Germany is about 1,7 children / family. That’s a sad figure.

The only group with significantly more children are the (muslim) turkish immigrants (about 3.000.000).

It ist estimated, that about 300.000 unborn children are aborted each year.

Now, the consequences of 30 years of abortion are obvious.

And in the future, the logical twin af abortion - euthanasia - will raise it’s head. The few young people dont’ like to pay the bill for so many old pensioners. Look at the Netherlands, there it is already reality.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.