NO! donated my Knox Bible =(

What a mistake, but at least it's free online at Bible Gateway's website;)
Who else has the Baronius edition, and what do you think of the transl.?

Way to be postive xD

I've never read it, the only Catholic translation i've read is the New American one, one day I shall buy this :D ewtnreligiouscatalogue.com/DOUAY-RHEIMS+CLEMENTINA+VULGATA/cid=15/page_no=1/edp_no=18241/shop.axd/ProductDetails

thanks, Steve, have a holy Lent:p

I love my copy of the Knox Bible published by Baronius press. Yet I can understand why someone might not like it. Although it is a relatively recent translation it is written in a high English literary style that may be hard for some to follow. I sometimes refer to another translation when the meaning of a passage is not clear to me. It is great for reading for prayer or meditation due to its poetic feel, but for serious study I might recommend the RSV-CE or the Confraternity.

Posted from Catholic.com App for Android

The Knox Bible excels in the Pauline Epistles. The translation is clear and comprehensible. :slight_smile:

thanks friend, it’s truly a thing of beauty how he turns certain passages into absolute jewels in words:)

[quote="Lion777, post:4, topic:314552"]
I love my copy of the Knox Bible published by Baronius press. Yet I can understand why someone might not like it. Although it is a relatively recent translation it is written in a high English literary style that may be hard for some to follow. I sometimes refer to another translation when the meaning of a passage is not clear to me. It is great for reading for prayer or meditation due to its poetic feel, but for serious study I might recommend the RSV-CE or the Confraternity.

Posted from Catholic.com App for Android

[/quote]

Hi,
Thanks for your post friend; i regret what i did but since it's free on BibleGateway.com there's light at the end of the tunnel :rolleyes:
If i can ask you for a BIG favor, could you please give me that passage in Isaias from "On Englishing the Bible" - i believe it's in 'Some Reasons Why' or 'Nine Years' Hard' or 'Morsu Amarissimo' - where Msgr. talks about a paper shortage and then gives us his rough draft on a passage in Isaias, that's what i need, not his revised one which is now officially and forever in his transl., i felt his beginning ideas were so much better...

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.