No God, no job for Iowa math teacher [CN-USA]

An Iowa Catholic school teacher who joined an atheist website and noted on Facebook that she didn't believe in God said Friday she never imagined it would lead to her losing her job.

More...

Catholic Press has many news sources that they pick up news articles from and has put many articles on this site(over 22,000) which are often good but still Catholics have to watch and check sources on whatever they read.

The title of this article threw me. When I looked at the basic news source it was the Paulists Fathers and because I am New England, I saw a red flag. In Boston they have a liberal group while the Paulist sisters are very traditional and I am not sure how this order is in the rest of the country.

The articles states they fired a teacher from a Catholic school because of her lack of belief in God - that is a private school and they have authority over their staff. No news here.

[quote="gam197, post:2, topic:200273"]

The articles states they fired a teacher from a Catholic school because of her lack of belief in God - that is a private school and they have authority over their staff. No news here.

[/quote]

:thumbsup:

Yup. A private instituion can fire empolyees if they say they like cornflakes or boxer dogs. That's the why it should be in a free society.

Having said that, if you beging to fire all your best workers, it will effect your product. I'm not saying this wasn't a valid firing, in my opinion, it was. But if you begin to "fire at will" it will hurt you in the long run.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.